Kilifi Mariakani Water and Sewerage Company (KIMAWASCO) Limited, is one of the water service providers in the coast region and a wholly owned subsidiary of the County Government of Kilifi with the mandate of offering water supply and sewerage services to the residents of Rabai, Kaloleni, Ganze, Kilifi South and parts of Kilifi North Sub-counties within Kilifi County.
The company is seeking to recruit an individual who will provide leadership and strategic direction in the capacity of the following post:
Reports to the Managing Director and supervises / oversees Accountants.
- Prepare and implement KIMAWASCO’s financial strategy in line with the company’s strategic goals
- Compile KIMAWASCO’s budget and prepare financial performance reports for presentation to the board.
- Establish and implement sound financial policies, procedures and systems to sustain KIMAWASCO’s financial operations.
- Identify financial risks, and develop and implement controls to minimize risks.
- Advise management and the board on financial matters to enhance decision making.
- Manage KIMAWASCO’s cash flow efficiently to ensure an optimal liquidity position
- Advise on the financial viability of proposed investments to ensure return on investment
- Manage acquisition, disbursement and accounting of financial resources in compliance with laid down accounting standards.
- Ensure KIMAWASCO complies with all the legal, regulatory and audit requirements
- Coordinate external audit activities
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to the finance team for improved service delivery
Key Skills: Analytical, Planning, Reporting, Problem Solving, Interpersonal, Communication, Managerial, Negotiation, Computer literacy.
Personal Attributes: Customer focus, Efficiency and effectiveness, Team player, Integrity, Innovative, Strong initiative, Professional.
- Bachelors of commerce in accounting / finance or equivalent
- Member of ICPAK
Terms of Employment: Five (5) year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirements can send their applications together with detailed CV, three professional referees, copies of academic & professional certificates including their day time contact to the below address on or before 19th October, 2018 to:
The Managing Director
Kilifi-Mariakani Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 275-80108
OR e-mailed to: email@example.com
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
(1) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
(2) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
(3) Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
(4) Clearance from the Ethics and Anti—Corruption Commission (EACC); and
(5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
KIMAWASCO is an equal opportunity Employer.
Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.