Kilifi Mariakani Water and Sewerage Company (KIMAWASCO) Limited, is one of the water service providers in the coast region and a wholly owned subsidiary of the County Government of Kilifi with the mandate of offering water supply and sewerage services to the residents of Rabai, Kaloleni, Ganze, Kilifi South and parts of Kilifi North Sub-counties within Kilifi County.
The company is seeking to recruit an individual who will provide leadership and strategic direction in the capacity of the following post:
Reports to the Managing Director and supervises / oversees procurement and Stores officers
- Preparation and implementation of annual procurement plans for the Company.
- Preparation and submission of departmental reports to the relevant bodies.
- Preparation of departmental budgets and plans
- Ensure smooth, speedy and efficient procurement of goods and services for various departments.
- As Secretary to the Tender Committee, perform the functions as stipulated under the Public Procurement and Asset Disposals Act 2015.
- Ensure stocks control.
- Ensure timely receipt and processing of requisitions from user departments.
- Ensure economy, efficiency and effectiveness in purchasing.
- Formulation and implementation of departmental policies, regulations and standards.
- Undertake marketing surveillance of relevant products.
- Review re-order levels and monitor the movement of stores.
- Advice management and the board on the best procurement practices.
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to the procurement team for improved service delivery
- Developing and implementing departmental strategies and plans that facilitate achievement of Company objectives.
Key Skills: Analytical, Planning, Reporting, Problem Solving, Interpersonal, Managerial, Negotiation, Computer literacy.
Personal Attributes: Customer focus, Efficiency and effectiveness, Team player, Integrity, Innovative, Strong initiative, Professional.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Supply Chain Management),Procurement and Contract Management, Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant field,
- Diploma in Supplies Management will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management
- At least five (5) years relevant experience, 3 of which at a management level
- Candidate MUST have a current Professional Practicing License
Terms of Employment: Five (5) year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance by the Board of Directors.
How to Apply
Interested persons who meet the above requirements can send their applications together with detailed CV, three professional referees, copies of academic & professional certificates including their day time contact to the below address on or before 19th October, 2018 to:
The Managing Director
Kilifi-Mariakani Water & Sewerage Co. Ltd.
P.O. Box 275-80108
OR e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
(1) Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
(2) Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
(3) Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
(4) Clearance from the Ethics and Anti—Corruption Commission (EACC); and
(5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
KIMAWASCO is an equal opportunity Employer.
Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.