KWAL is looking for a well-organized and highly motivated individual who is result-oriented to fill the following position:
Sales Representative – Key Accounts
Function / Division: Commercial
Department: Sales and Distribution
Supervisor / Manager Title: Key Accounts Manager
Job Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for managing and servicing existing outlets while prospecting and developing new accounts with a focus on building long term customer relationships and increasing sales revenue in the Key Accounts Segment.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Area 1: 4 A’s Execution
- Achieve product availability targets for the assigned out through identifying and negotiating listings and targets for strategic focus brands to drive and maintain numeric distribution by brand category.
- Enhance product accessibility through identifying and negotiating SOVI (Forward Share Inventory and limit Out of Stocks) and achieving cold and ambient space targets by channel and brand category.
- Promote product affordability on price by ensuring adherence to Recommended Retail Price (RPP) guidelines per strategic focus brand by channel and outlet type.
- Identify, negotiate, plan and execute activation opportunities such as promotions and tastings with customer in line with the territory sales plan.
Area 2: Sales Revenue Growth
- Conduct client visits for existing and potential outlets in the assigned territory in order to achieve the territory given sales targets and ensure sustained business growth.
- Achieve required customer visit hit rate; call effectiveness and minimum order quantities and/ or values in order to drive sales in volume and value.
- Pro-actively manage the cash and credit resources of the customer to drive growth of KWAL brands in terms of volume and value.
- Monitor and manage company assets such as fridges, vehicles within the KWAL policies and procedures to ensure optimal use.
- Receive, follow up and resolve all customer queries and complaints in collaboration with the customer service team in an efficient manner.
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely reports to the territory manager to facilitate proper planning.
Area 3: Debt Management
- Ensure Account payment and Reconciliations are done on Time to avoid supply inconsistencies.
- Ensure Accounts operates within the stated credit limits
Area 4: Relationship Management.
- Ensuring orders are delivered OTIF.
- Build, Manage and Maintain good strong long term customer Relationship with Kenya Wines Agencies and the key partners.
- Ensure Timely address of Customers queries.
- Ensuring Immediate Customer Feedback.
- Ensuring OTIF through Timely liaising with Customer Service Department and delivery team.
Area 5: Merchandising
- Ensure products are clean and presentable at all times
- Prepare the orders at Branch level.
- Check on the slow moving items and advise their heads on the same.
- Check on overstocks in the branches, liaise with the relevant account representatives to return to the warehouse.
- Checking on the short expiries in the branches and informing their key reps on the same in order to get a perfect solution. (communicate expiries three months in advance)
- Ensure shelf prices are correct, well-marked and shelf labels are properly marked.
- Remove any damaged stocks from the shelves and arrange for returns to their warehouse for credit notes to be issued.
- Collect market intelligence. (reporting competitor activities)
- Report customer complaints so that action can be taken by development and marketing team
Area 5: Prospect, Open and Develop New Opportunities/Customers
- Identify Potential New Accounts and open the accounts directly with Kwal to grow business and Drive Volumes.
Area 6: Timely Reporting and Feedback.
- The Key accounts Representative should give feedback on time for purposes of planning and forecasting.
- Gather and Report market intelligence.
- Bachelor degree in business a business related course.
- Membership in a professional body would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in retail and experience with Supermarkets or Key accounts preferably in a beverage environment.
Competencies / Attributes
- Possession of a clean and valid driving license.
- Practical experience in use of MS packages and ERP systems.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent Persuasion, negotiation and influencing Skills.
- Drive for results with no excuses.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision, under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High levels of professionalism with internal and external customers.
- High level of integrity.
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal – sales and distribution, marketing and Customer Care departments
- External – Key Accounts, potential customers, distributors.
Work Environment: This is a field based role.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for these positions, send your updated CV with email & telephone contacts of three professional referees and the application letter quoting the Reference number & Title of the position as the subject to:
The Human Resources Director,
to be received not later than October 10, 2018.
Do not attach any certificates/scanned documents to your application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KENYA WINE AGENCIES LIMITED IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE ANY FEES AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).