Landscape Program Operations Officer
1 Year Contract
As Program Operations Officer you have the opportunity to contribute to facilitating and driving impact in the South-West Mau landscape in Kenya and in supply chains that are sourcing commodities that are often negatively impacted by loss of forest cover.
You will work in the Kenya Landscapes team, and based in Nairobi with regular travels to the landscapes.
You will report to the Senior Program Manager in Kenya, and be part of the Global landscapes team spread over 9 countries.
- Provide project, reporting and contract management support to the landscape program in Kenya.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient implementation of program strategies by supporting the Kenya team, co-funding and implementing partners.
- Be the operational interface of the program in Kenya, and will collaborate with colleagues at HQ on operations, monitoring and evaluation, learning & innovation, (innovative) finance and communications.
- Operational tasks include; contract management, financial management, and keeping track of project and program spending against targets and budget.
- Monitoring and evaluation, data management, and in- and external reporting.
- Manage financing and reporting relationships with co-funding and implementing partners.
- Academic degree in business administration, accounting, economics or a similar field of study with a strong quantitative component
- At least 4 – 7 years (international) work experience
- Experience in employing several project management tools, a qualification in project management (IPMA, PMI, Agile, or other) is an advantage
- Experience in working with quantitative data and data analysis
- Experience in managing relations with external parties, such as customers, funders, contract partners
- Knowledge of natural resource management and/or agricultural commodity production through jobs or study
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially a very good working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English.
- Good numerical aptitudes and comfort with numbers, outstanding analytical capabilities
- Good strategic reflection capabilities
Remuneration: Competitive remuneration package based on skills and experience
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews.
Deadline: 25th October 2018