Business Development Lead, Mombasa
Company Information: Odyssey Capital is a consumer finance organization leveraging financial inclusion by allowing people to pay for otherwise unaffordable smart devices and other consumer items in affordable monthly instalments.
Our core product is Lipa Later (Pay later).
To ensure our clients receive nothing short of a high-quality range of emerging and trending products, we continue to engage in partnerships with quality brands including but not limited to Samsung East Africa, Anisuma, Oppo Kenya, Infinix, Startimes, Jumia, Saruk, Tile and Carpets, House Wife’s Paradise.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
1. Account Management
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to our partners.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with partners.
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits.
- Develop new business with existing partners and/or identify areas to improvement.
- Collaborate with the business development team to Identify and grow opportunities within territory.
2. Partnerships Recruitment
- Developing leads with prospective partners and building a business network.
- Planning and delivery of personalized propositions to engage new partnerships.
- Promoting PR / communication initiatives in key markets to maximize brand exposure.
- Conduct market research and data analysis to help build powerful and persuasive commercial proposals based on the marketing objectives and the business needs of potential partners.
- Supporting the business development team by initiating, negotiating and closing appropriate engagements with partners.
3. Team Management
- Manage the regions sales team and loan officer(s).
- Develops strategies to promote team member adherence to company regulations and performance goals.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications Required
- At least 3 years’ work experience with a minimum of 1 year’ experience in Account Management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in the field of business or related discipline.
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management.
- Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Experience delivering tailored solutions to partners’ needs.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Knowledge of environs within Kisumu will be an added advantage.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work independently as an individual and as part of a team.
NB: All written applications and CVs should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.