M-Shule Seeks a Customer Engagement Associate.
About M-Shule Mobile Education
M-Shule is the first adaptive, mobile learning platform in Africa to bring personalized educational tools to primary school students through SMS. Meaning “mobile school” in Swahili, M-Shule’s platform uses artificial intelligence to deliver personalized SMS learning support in Math and English, building students’ concept mastery, exam performance, and confidence.
Then M-Shule shares data and insights with their parents and schools to power better instruction and collaboration. By making 21st century learning possible with the simplest feature phone, M-Shule unlocks new opportunities for millions of students across Sub-Saharan Africa and the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- Regularly engage M-Shule’s partner communities to introduce new customers to our service.
- Conduct trainings with parents, teachers, and schools.
- Collect user observations and feedback, design improvements, and more.
- Carry out research in target communities to map out demographics, identify potential partner schools, and execute on new ways to bring on customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with partner communities by attending key meetings, following up on issues, and generally representing M-Shule’s voice and interests.
- Write reports, conduct basic data analysis, and generate other materials to assist in understanding, marketing to, and better supporting our customers.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Are enthusiastic and excited about the opportunities in new technologies in education, and want to bring that to as many learners as possible.
- Have a background in and passion for education and/or field sales. Perhaps you taught or tutored for a few years at your local primary school; maybe you started your own business or have gone door-to-door to sell services before.
- Are an expert and reliable independent worker. You get things done on time, you can set and maintain your own schedule, and you are proactive in coordinating with the rest of the team to get results.
- Have amazing communication skills, from presenting to groups of customers to writing reports to submitting updates.
- Can easily use Microsoft Office, email, and other computer programs to get work done.
- Enjoy coming up with new ideas and solving problems as part of a team.
- Are fluent in both English and Swahili.
Duration: This is a 3-month contract position that will begin in November 2018, with the possibility of transitioning into a long term contract after that based on performance.
Location: Contract will be full-time and based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Compensation: Initial compensation will be set at net Sh20,000 per month plus field transportation reimbursement.
The role has many opportunities for growth – you will learn design-thinking and customer experience skills, and contribute enormously to the success of a startup that will change millions of students’ lives. We care about building a strong and enthusiastic long-term team and will work with you to find more opportunities to grow as we grow.
How to Apply:
Application deadline is 4th November 2018 by 11:59pm EAT.
Please submit your CV and cover letter by filling out the Application Form.
Any applications received via any other channel(s) will be ignored.
If you pass the first screening, we will then invite you to complete a quick sample task.
You may be then called in for an in-person interview.
This position is open to applicants with the legal right to work in Kenya only.
Applicants not based in Nairobi are welcome to apply; unfortunately M-Shule does not cover relocation costs.