Job Title: Head of Financial Inclusion
Our client, a manufacturing company in Nairobi, is looking to hire an ambitious, innovative and entrepreneurial Head of Financial Inclusion to lead the expansion and access to affordable financial products and services through strategic partnerships with financial service providers. The role holder will ensure sales and revenue growth for the company.
Reporting to the Country Manager-Kenya, this is a strategic business development role for the company responsible for:
- Establishing mutually beneficial business relationships and partnerships with local Banks and other financial service providers in Kenya, in order to achieve the set revenue objectives and ensure business growth;
- Generating and implementing a Financial Inclusion strategy including what partnerships and products to focus on, to drive adoption, utilization and revenue growth;
- Relationship management; securing, and nurturing partnerships with leading banks and other financial service providers;
- Overseeing and contributing to the production of partnership, business proposals and contracts;
- Innovation; Identifying new avenues and opportunities to grow business volumes while creating value for customers and partners;
- Contributing to thought leadership and building brand awareness through various platforms including digital platforms and public relations;
- Lead negotiations with identified Banks and collaborate with technical teams in pitching for partnerships to ensure successful closure of deals;
- Leveraging on bank services, products and the digital Banking platforms to create value for business and customers;
- Responsible for pleasant & seamless client experience;
- Undertakes all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
- Strong Sales Acumen;
- Strategic Thinker;
- Innovation & Creativity ( Solutions Orientation);
- Relationship Management;
- Drive for Execution;
- Results Orientation;
- Negotiation Skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a business related field;
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years’ experience in banking with in depth understanding of digital banking. Must have at least 3 years in a management role. Experience with a Telco is an added advantage;
- A go getter with demonstrable experience developing and implementing sales & business development strategies;
- Ability to build and nurture new relationships, effectively negotiate and close deals with institutional executives;
- Existing relationships with decision makers at organizations delivering financial services or otherwise innovating in the financial inclusion space;
- Familiarity with prevailing digital trends, ecommerce and digital vendors and applications in the financial services or ecommerce;
- Deep domain knowledge of financial inclusion challenges, solutions, and trends;
- Adept at understanding ever changing Mobile Industry including device operating systems, carriers, new technologies, innovations and best in class experiences.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply online via www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php by 5pm 12th October 2018.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.