The Nairobi Waldorf School was founded in 1992. What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, with the increasing demand of modern life and its related social, political and economic issues, all of which require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community, which shares the simple vision of raising our children holistically in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute towards establishing a more peaceful and sustainable Kenya and Global community.
We are among Africa’s oldest Waldorf schools and with the support and commitment of our highly qualified Teachers, generosity and guidance of our Mentors, the faith of our Parents, and steadfast commitment of present and former Board of Trustees we have grown steadily in spite of numerous challenges.
We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable and happy human beings. We offer both Kenyans and Foreigners residing in the country an exclusive opportunity to raise competent, capable and happy human beings.
Marketing and Public Relations Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting To: The School Manager
Job Purpose: The main role of this position is to maintain mutually beneficial relationships between the school and its stakeholders who include parents, students and the external community. This position involves communication, training, public and media relations.
Main duties and responsibilities
1. Marketing Communications:
a) Website and other e-marketing communications
i) Collating material and editing copy for the monthly e-newsletter, circuited to internal stakeholders
ii) Updating the School’s Facebook account
iii) Updating information about the School on the websites
iv) Creating fresh and up-to-date web content
v) Providing ideas, content and input into the development of new e-marketing materials
vi) Marketing the school to prospective parents
b) Marketing collateral and publicity material
i) Writing and producing marketing material (brochures, posters, flyers etc) for the School’s prospectus
ii) Preparing marketing collateral for the school
iii) Preparing PowerPoint presentations for recruitment events and conferences
iv) Compiling yearly media plans
v) Responsible for the School’s publicity stands at events. This involves designing the look and feel of the stand
vi) Selection and ordering of promotional merchandise for exhibitions and marketing collateral for the stand
vii) Managing the stock of all marketing collateral i.e. brochures; creating systems to identify when stock needs to be replenished
c) Public Relations
i) Liaison with pedagogy and administrative staff to request and collate information for the newsletter
ii) Proactively searching out information for PR purposes and writing press releases
iii) Liaison with, and providing information to, the media and arranging interviews for the school PRO where necessary
iv) Documenting and maintaining an online photo library where data is stored and easily retrievable
v) Arranging external photo shoots and filming with placement students and alumni as well as in-house photo shoots with School staff and students
vi) Updating the School’s notice boards
d) Advertising (printed media, outdoor and new media)
i) Booking, designing and tracking advertising for the School as required
ii) Create new advertising campaigns for social media and outdoor advertising
iii) Liaison with the designers to create captivating advertising material
iv) Proofreading, copy writing, editing copy and information collection
v) Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations to increase visibility of the school while acting as the school’s spokesperson.
e) Exhibitions and recruitment visits
i) Coordinating the School’s presence at exhibitions
ii) Representing and promoting the School at events
iii) Ensuring prompt follow-up by the school of exhibition enquiries/ leads
iv) Influence new students and their parents to join NWS
i) Assistance and coordination at Open days
ii) Coordinating School’s Induction activities
iv) Coordinating all School calendar events.
vi )Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits to connect the school with the external community Market analysis & planning and new programs
Grow the School’s marketing plans: gathering market intelligence and analyzing the results in relation to the School’s marketing plans.
Market Intelligence: Gathering information on competitor schools and programs.
1. A communications/marketing/public relations degree
2. At least 5years of proven work experience in a marketing role
3. Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Adobe design programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Event planning and management skills
- Excellent communication skills with high standards of written communication, grammar and spelling
- Information management skills including a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good creative skills
1. Good influencing skills
2. Ability to market the school
1. Always think about how to improve the customer experience
2. Responding to problems and complaints immediately
1. Be a good team player who can get on with tasks and achieve results
2. Volunteer to help even on work outside your role
1. Take responsibility for tasks, prioritizing and scheduling own work to ensure deadlines are met
2. Have self-confidence and deal with set-backs effectively
3. Enjoy taking responsibility
4. Be a school ambassador
Planning and Organizing
1. Ability to prioritize work and respond effectively as new projects are introduced
2. Work in an organized way and plan how deadlines will be met
3. Always deliver on schedule
1. Be committed to success
2. Focus on getting the job done
Key Performance Indicators
1. The number of student enrollment increases
2. The retention of the current student population
3. The school is better known to the external community and is the curriculum of choice
4. The Waldorf education is better understood by the NWS community
5. There is an increase in parent engagement and support of the school
6. The goals, mission and vision are better understood by all stakeholders
7. An overall increase in confidence by all the school stakeholders
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the outlined qualifications and skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter only.
Clearly state your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write the position title on the subject line of your e-mail.
Application Deadline: Monday 15th October, 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Nairobi Waldorf School (NWS) is an equal opportunity employer.