Position: Marketing Assistant (Mall)
Our client is currently hiring for the above mentioned position.
The Marketing Assistant provides administrative support to the Marketing department.
S/he is also responsible for assisting the mall in arranging and implementing selected Marketing initiatives.
- A confident, articulate and determined Marketing Assistant who has experience of being involved in a wide range of marketing activities across both traditional and digital channels.
- Providing administrative support to the Marketing Department, he/she will need to possess a bias for action and have the vision, focus and ability to translate a plan into action whilst at the same time having a sense of calm urgency.
- His/her key strengths should include; dealing with colleagues, tenants, suppliers and other stakeholders in a professional and polite manner, and being able to adhere to moving deadlines.
Typical work activities
The work of the Marketing Assistant will be varied.
However, the tasks and responsibilities will typically involve assisting the Marketing department with the following:
- Providing Administrative support to the Marketing Department by assisting with all Marketing administration matters for the mall.
- Create an organised list and database of prospective suppliers to keep it updated with current contact details.
- Sourcing of Marketing quotations whilst maintaining and building contacts with suppliers, placing orders, scanning and attaching invoices.
- Book /place advertisements with the newspapers and publications, negotiate contracts and ensuring mall get the best bulk rates with the media.
- Assisting with the monitoring and production of Marketing Materials, whilst liaising with Graphic Designers and printers, to ensure consistency (e.g. printing and production of all mall in house publications etc).
- Assist with organizing and managing events, including on-ground set ups and other sponsored Events.
- Ensure Marketing Folders on the server are well organized and up-to-date by inputting new data, updating old records and performing cross checks on an on-going basis.
- Assist in ensuring the Mall Marketing Budget is updated with actual spend.
- Assist in tracking Mall income.
- Keep an updated list / log of all mall signage licenses (Commercial and Tenant).
- Maintain oversight of the mall database .
- To assist in compiling, distributing & analyzing data, marketing campaigns, questionnaires & market research.
- Tracking marketing efforts and monitoring competing malls .
- Assist with maintaining mall website and profile, keep site content fresh and updated in coordination with the main webmaster and Agency if/when required to do so.
- Assist with updating the company’s social media platforms with Marketing content, when required to do. (This will be done in liaison with the agency).
- Tenant Liaison communicate with tenants on a daily basis on trade , concerns etc .
- Keep an updated log of all tenants and tenant details.
- Raising Marketing LPOs.
- Implementation and coordination of the mall loyalty program (cards and or vouchers)
- Sponsorship development & Management.
- Any other adhoc tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and training required
- Graduates with any degree discipline .However, degree subjects such as marketing, business or statistics can be advantageous.
- At-least 3 years in similar capacity.
Key skills & Competencies:
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Organizational skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Good team working skills.
- Communication skills.
- Numerical and Analytical skills.
- IT skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge of procurement would be an added advantage
- Ability to operate effectively in a professional environment.
- Superb business and personal etiquette.
- Able to respond and adapt to new challenges.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Duty station: Nairobi.
Anticipated start date: Immediately.
How to Apply:
Please email your cover letter and updated word document CV to email@example.com indicating clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for and Current or Last gross pay salary. (Mall Marketing Assistant Post-Current/Last Gross pay XXXXXX)
NOTE: Consider unsuccessful if not contacted within 7 days. Please DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.