Description: The Marketing Assistant provides administrative support to the Marketing department. They are also responsible for assisting in implementing selected Marketing initiatives.
- A confident, articulate and determined Marketing Assistant who has experience of being involved in a wide range of Marketing activities across both traditional and digital channels.
- Providing administrative support to the Marketing Department, he/she will need to possess a bias for action and have the vision, focus and ability to translate a plan into action whilst at the same time having a sense of calm urgency.
- His/her key strengths should include; dealing with colleagues, tenants, suppliers and other stakeholders in a professional and polite manner, and being able to adhere to moving deadlines.
- Providing Administrative support to the Marketing Department by assisting with all Marketing administration matters for GCM.
- Create an organized list and database of prospective suppliers to keep it updated with current contact details.
- Sourcing of Marketing quotations whilst maintaining and building contacts with suppliers, placing orders, scanning and attaching invoices.
- Book /place advertisements with the newspapers and publications, negotiate contracts and ensuring GCM get the best bulk rates with the media.
- Assisting with the monitoring and production of Marketing Materials, whilst liaising with Graphic Designers and printers, to ensure consistency (e.g. printing and production of all GCM in house publications etc).
- Assist with organizing and managing events, including on-ground set ups and other sponsored Events
- Ensure Marketing Folders on the server are well organized and up-to-date by inputting new data, updating old records and performing cross checks on an on-going basis.
- Assist in ensuring the Marketing Budget is updated with actual spend.
- Assist in tracking income
- Keep an updated list / log of all signage licenses (Commercial and Tenant)
- Maintain oversight of the GCM database
- To assist in compiling, distributing & analyzing data, marketing campaigns, questionnaires & market research.
- Tracking marketing efforts and monitoring competing malls
- Assist with maintaining GCM’s website and profile, keep site content fresh and updated in coordination with the main webmaster and Agency if/when required to do so.
- Assist with updating the company’s social media platforms with Marketing content, when required to do. (This will be done in liaison with the agency).
- Tenant Liaison communicate with tenants on a daily basis on trade, concerns etc
- Keep an updated log of all tenants and tenant details.
- Raising Marketing LPOs.
- Implementation and coordination of the mall loyalty program ( cards and or vouchers )
- Sponsorship development & Management
- Any other adhock tasks that may be assigned
- Degree in marketing, business or statistics
Key Skills and Competencies
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Organizational skills
- Commercial awareness
- Good team working skills
- Communication skills
- Numerical and Analytical skills
- IT skills & knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong negotiation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks at one time.
- Knowledge of procurement would be an added advantage
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org