The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in Kenya to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC Kenya is seeking a suitably qualified persons able to fill the following position in a new Research Program in Nairobi.
Position Title: Research Assistants
Reports To: Study Coordinator
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Screen and recruit potential study participants
- Perform consenting procedures for all study participants
- Conduct interviews for the study participants using the study data collection tools
- Conduct any clinical assessments as required by the study protocol and tools
- Ensure study data collection tools are completed with utmost accuracy and transmitted to the Study Coordinator for safe storage
- Track all participants enrolled in the study and conduct phone and community tracing for those who miss appointments
- Refer study participants to facility clinical teams and Study Coordinator as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Study Coordinator
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
- At least diploma-level qualification in a health related field
- Research experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili
- Basics skills in computer software packages
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience in conducting qualitative research is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 31st October 2018.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “Research Assistants” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.