The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in Kenya to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.
MGIC Kenya is seeking a suitably qualified persons able to fill the following position in a new Research Program in Nairobi.
Position Title: Study Coordinator
Reports To: Country Director
Job Description: The Study Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator to manage the day-to-day activities of the study in compliance with the study protocol.
She/he will be responsible for implementing the study in country and will provide supervision for the research assistants involved in the conduct of the study
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Participate in the development of study protocols and materials, translation of these into local language and submission to local Institutional Review Boards (IRB)
- Take part in preparation and monitoring of study budgets and financial payments.
- Coordinate the conduct of the study to ensure that it is in compliance with study protocols and ethical principles
- Oversee the enrolment of participants as per the study protocol including screening of potential study participants
- Monitor enrolment status of participants, retention in the study and implementing the participant tracking processes for those who default
- Maintaining confidentiality and protection of participants and ensuring informed consents are obtained for all participants
- Safeguard all documents from study related activities
- Arrange for space within the study sites for safe storage of and safe management of study materials and instruments
- Document and report any adverse effects from the study to the Principal Investigator and to the regulatory bodies
- Manage the quality assurance of the study including supervision of Research Assistants and conducting random audits of study materials and data
- Prepare monthly study reports outlining progress in implementation of the study
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters degree in a medical field or in public health
- Experience in research and coordinating human studies
- Trained in human subjects research with good understanding of ethical principles in research
- Ability to establish good working relationship with facility clinical teams, study participants and investigators
- Excellent writing skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualifications, are requested to send their cover letter and resume to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu indicating the position being applied for on the subject line of the email by 31st October 2018.
Applicants are advised to include the position title “Study Coordinator” as the subject.
The University of Maryland is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Health and Medical
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
The University of Maryland Baltimore Global Health Initiatives through its operating arm Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) Kenya implements comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment programs to facilitate the Ministry of Health in Kenya to control the spread of HIV and rapidly scale up HIV services, institute continuous quality improvement methods as well as the M & E infrastructure necessary to support these services.www.jobsinkenya.co.ke for more job details and application process.