Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Market Research Officer
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach. Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fueling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for a Market Research Officer who can match our customers’ needs with possible products. You’ll have a passion for using conversations, surveys and any other tool at your disposal to develop a deep understanding of what our customers want and need.
You’ll also be driven by the challenge of understanding product possibilities from our network of global suppliers, choosing amongst these using your deep understanding of our market. Your dream come true is the successful development and launch of a new product.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Dive Deep into Customer Needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our re-sellers and end customers through structured conversations, surveys and other research methodologies
- Track and anticipate market trends with respect to style
- Translate lessons learned into customer insights which can inform product and design decisions
Support Product Development
- Work with our supply chain team to identify global suppliers
- Research product possibilities through the global supplier network and match these with local market needs
- Support the piloting and launch of new products based on your work
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have training and at least 2 years’ experience in marketing, qualitative research, sales or customer service.
- You enjoy working on multiple diverse projects and tasks simultaneously.
- You thrive when you are able to take initiative, you can plan and organize your work around specific goals.
- You have the skills to undertake in-depth market research, using qualitative tools such as structured interviews and direct customer observations.
- You are excited to turn lessons learned from research into actionable ways that we can improve our products and services.
- You can troubleshoot problems and offer ideas about possible solutions.
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form – Common Application – All Positions.