Company: Moko Home + Living
Position: Nap-star Marketing Officer
Location: Mombasa Rd, Nairobi
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play. But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking to add a Nap-star Marketing Officer to the Moko team. You’ll be an analytical person who has a passion for engaging customers and telling the Moko story. You’ll be self-motivated, keen to learn on the job and strive to achieve the best possible outcome in everything you do.
You’ll enjoy taking on a variety of tasks, from managing marketing activations at Moko’s innovative “Sleeping Station” to running market research surveys.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Run Marketing Activities
- Plan and execute marketing activations in malls and other locations for Moko’s mattresses ensuring that KPIs are met
- Train and manage Moko Brand Ambassadors to animate the marketing activation in line with the brand spirit
- Keep an up to date record of leads and customers generated and ensure that Brand Ambassadors complete all reports on time
- Support digital marketing team to generate and gather content for marketing and social media campaigns
Offer Customer Care for our Clients
- Follow up on leads to coordinate when orders can be placed and mattresses delivered
- Coordinate with the “Dreamliner” delivery team to arrange home deliveries to customers
- Ensure that payments are collected and logged in our system
- Assist customers in case of queries such as replacement of the product or assistance with product guarantee
Support Market Research
- Conduct market research and customers’ insights collections (both online and offline) through surveys or 1:1 interviews
- Arrange for focus group discussions and 1:1 interviews as requested by the Brand Operation Manager and Head of Branding
- Summarize data collected from market research and offer recommendations
- Collect testimonials from customers and provide insightful feedback to management to develop our products and our brand
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- A preference for 1-2 years’ experience in a role with sales or customer relations responsibilities
- Previous marketing experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills and success developing productive professional relationships
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills to assist customers in their purchase and after sales journey
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail—ability to analyse data and proactively identify and address issues
- An initiative taker who enjoys working independently once you receive clear directions from the manager
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eager to join a young, quickly-growing organization and team
Please visit our website moko.co.ke/careers and apply through our online form, Common Application – All Positions.