The Murang’a County Government wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following position:
Deputy Director Human Resource Management
Requirements for Appointment:
1. Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management/Development/Business Administration or Public Administration or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
2. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Development / Business Administration or Public Administration, or any other social science from a recognized institution;
3. Must be a member of IHRM-K;
4. Must have over 10 years’ relevant experience, five (5) of which should have been at managerial level handling Human Resource Management or Administrative functions in a reputable institution;
5. Evidence of proficiency and knowledge in Computer Applications;
6. Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Kenyan Constitution on Leadership and Integrity;
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the development and implementation of Human Resource Management Strategies and Policies;
2. Coordinate the implementation of Human Resource functions relating to staff Recruitment, placement, career development, staff promotion, performance management, training and development, administration of salary and employee benefits; and ensure good employee relations and staff welfare programs;
3. Provide technical and professional advice to various stakeholders on provisions of the Constitution, labour laws and International Labour Conventions on matters relating to management of employees;
4. Ensure compliance with various statutory and regulatory requirements;
5. Ensure preparation and consolidation of the Departmental budget;
6. Co-ordinate achievement of Performance Contract Targets.
7. Co-ordinate staff matters and provide staff leadership that harness the strengths of all individuals;
Remuneration: As provided by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to Apply
Application forms can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke HERE.
Applications should be submitted to the office of the County Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Government
P.O. Box 52-10200
Applications are to be received on or before close of business on 14th October 2018.
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, plus other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to present clearance certificates from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Credit reference Bureau, HELB, KRA and an EACC self—declaration form.