The Murang’a County Government wishes to recruit a competent and qualified person to fill the following position:
Member – Public Service Board
Ref: V/ NO.-CS/18/9/001
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in establishing and abolishing offices in the county public service and appointing persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the county and to confirm the officers in their appointments.
- Exercise disciplinary control over, and remove, persons holding or acting in those offices.
- Promote in the county public service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 and evaluate the extent to which the values and principles are complied with in the county public service and prepare reports to the county assembly to report on the extent to which the values and principles are complied with in the county public service.
- Participate in advising the county government on human resource management and development for delivery of the county government’s mandate.
- Participate in advising the county government on implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in the county.
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county.
- Conduct investigations and determine staff disciplinary cases.
- Analyze performance appraisal results for the purposes of determining staff to get rewards or sanctions.
- Development and Operationalization of the county code of conduct and ethics.
- Participate in making recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the county government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for county public service employees.
- Develop terms of service and conditions for the county public service.
- Formulate and implement programs intended to inculcate, in public officers, the duty to uphold values and principles.
- Approve all policies, procedures and reports developed by the secretariat.
- Advertise vacant posts, shortlist, and interview, select and appoint successful candidates.
- Undertake research, formulate and develop human resource policies and dissemination of the same to the county government employees for adoption and implementation.
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and working experience of not less than five (5) years;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution on leadership and integrity;
- Understand the diversity within the county;
- Be a visionary and strategic thinker;
- Capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines, and
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision
Remuneration: As provided by Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to Apply
Application forms can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke HERE.
Applications should be submitted to the County Government Headquarters, (office of the County Secretary), clearly indicating the position applied for on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Government
P.O. Box 52-10200
Applications are to be received on or before close of business on 14th October 2018.
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, plus other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Shortlisted candidates will also be required to present clearance certificates from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, Credit reference Bureau, HELB, KRA and an EACC self—declaration form.