Invitation to Tender / Call for Offers
Nairobi Innovation Week 2019 (NIW) Project Management Consultant
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH — Make-IT in Africa programme has been commissioned by The University of Nairobi and the Nairobi Innovation Week secretariat to support the Nairobi Innovation Week 2019.
The programme is seeking a consultant to provide the following services in close coordination with The University of Nairobi, Nairobi Innovation Week secretariat and the GIZ Project Make-IT in Africa.
1. Project management support for NIW 2019 – as a basis to consolidate collaboration in the start-up Ecosystem, including impact monitoring for Start Up Support Programs
2. Impact monitoring for Start-ups from NIW 2018 – Consolidate follow up on the impact of NIW participation for the 100 start-ups that took part in the NIW 2018 and set up continuous impact monitoring measure that will be used for NIW 2019 including a baseline survey
Required competences and professional experience:
1. At least 5 years of demonstrable experience in project management, policy formulation and working with start—ups.
2. At least 7 years of experience working on/supporting SME/Start-up programs in Kenya
3. Highly developed organizational development and analytical skills
4. Experience of organizational development, analytical skills and working with entrepreneurship enablers
5. Regional experience! Knowledge of country (Kenya)
6. Proficiency in English language and Kiswahili
Please obtain the documents which contain more details on the assignment by sending a blank e-mail to
email@example.com with the subject exactly as “Nairobi Innovation Week 2019 GIZ- 83302876”
If interested, please submit your Financial and Technical Proposal in two separate envelopes together with your CV and Cover letter in a SEALED ENVELOPE, clearly marked TENDER NO: GIZ/ 83302876, not later than Friday 20th October 2018 addressed as follows and dropped to the tender box available at:
GIZ Kenya, Reception
Riverside Drive, Riverside Mews
Chase Bank Complex Opp. Prime Bank
P.O. Box 41607,00100