Nairobi Waldorf School
Job Vacancy: Geography / History Teacher
The Nairobi Waldorf School was founded in 1992. What our school has to offer through Waldorf education is as relevant as ever, with the increasing demand of modern life and its related social, political and economic issues, all of which require creative solutions.
Our school has established a nurturing and growing community, which shares the simple vision of raising our children holistically in true consciousness and love, with the goal of enabling them to contribute towards establishing a more peaceful and sustainable Kenya and Global community.
We are among Africa’s oldest Waldorf schools and with the support and commitment of our highly qualified Teachers, generosity and guidance of our Mentors, the faith of our Parents, and steadfast commitment of present and former Board of Trustees we have grown steadily in spite of numerous challenges.
Job Purpose: To teach and educate students according to the curriculum and the education needs abilities and attainment of potential of individual students.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class.
- Teaching according to education needs, abilities and achievement of individual students and groups of students.
- Adopting and working towards the implementation of the school development plan.
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of student’s to parents and relevant officials.
- Contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to students.
- Complying with arrangements within the national framework for the appraisal of student performance.
- Promoting general progress and wellbeing of students.
- Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers; providing information on sources of more expert advice.
- Communicating, collaborating and consulting with other members of school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students.
- Reviewing and evaluating his/her own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme in line with the school and national curriculum.
- Advising and collaborating with other teachers and school officials to prepare and develop courses to study, teaching materials, teaching programmes, methods of teaching and assessment.
- Ensuring high standards of professional practice and quality of teaching in his/her classroom.
- Participating in education and training courses as well as continuing professional development.
- Maintaining order and discipline among students and safeguarding their health and safety at all times.
- Participating in staff, parent and student meetings.
- Ensuring the safe custody, use and periodic maintenance of equipment used during lessons.
- Monitoring attendance of students in class.
- Any other assigned duties.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Degree in Education (Geography and History).
- Must be registered with TSC
- At least a Waldorf Diploma or commitment to complete Waldorf training within 3 years
- At least 5 years ‘experience in teaching
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Clear English writing skills
- Demonstrated love for the subjects
- Flexible and open to change.
- Basic Safety and Security Knowledge
- Attention to detail
If you meet these criteria, please email your CV and letter of application to email@example.com on or before 26th October 2018.
Write the position title on the subject line of your e-mail
Clearly state your current and expected salary in the cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.