National Oil Corporation of Kenya is mandated, by the Government of Kenya, to participate in all aspects of the oil and gas sector, covering the up-stream sector (oil and gas exploration), mid-stream (petroleum and gas infrastructure development) and down-stream (sales and marketing of petroleum products).
The Corporation is desirous of recruiting a qualified professional to fill the following position:-
Position: Assistant Manager, Retail
Location: Head Office
Reports To: Manager, Retail
Job Group: NOC 4
Job Holder: Vacant
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Manager, Retail, the ideal candidate will be responsible for growing the retail network in sales volumes to meet corporate objectives and strategic targets.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervising and coordinating the daily activities to ensure that the targets (Fuel, LPG and Lubes) are met;
- Ensuring closure of agreed actions with dealers;
- Enforcing of retail stations housekeeping & service standards;
- Enhancing customer satisfaction levels within the region and addressing customer complaints;
- Enforcing compliance of operational policies & procedures & statutory requirements;
- Ensuring adherence to Retail Service Standards;
- Coordinating sales promotions and campaigns within the region;
- Coordinating and supervising Territory Managers and dealers’ activities in the region:
- Coordinating the issuance and maintenance of company equipment & assets in liaison with engineering team;
- Managing dealerships and other models that operate the retail networks; and
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports to ensure excellent performance & effective succession plan.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration or any other relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- At least 8 years’ experience in sales & marketing with three (3) years’ experience at management level;
- Experience in oil and gas industry;
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- People skills
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Communication skills
Chapter Six Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and are thus required to submit clearance certificates from the following institutions together with the job application:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (Tax Compliance Certificate)
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics & Anti – Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Evidence of on-going clearance is admissible subject to satisfactory results (presentation of a clearance certificate from the above institutions) before the selection process.
How to Apply
Applicants should either email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send the hard copies indicating the position being applied for on the envelope and addressed to:
National Oil Corporation
Kawi Complex, South C, Red Cross Road,
Off Popo Road, Behind Boma Hotel
In addition, please attach curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role.
Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, names and address of three professional referees.
Applications should reach us not later than 1700 hours on Monday 29th October 2018.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity