Our client, National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a state corporation established by under the Act no 8 of 1998 whose mandate is to provide accessible, affordable, sustainable and quality social health insurance.
In order to enhance institutional capacity to deliver strategy.
NHIF is seeking to recruit a results driven and highly motivated individual to fill the following position:
Manager, Corporate Risks and Actuarial Services
Reporting to the Director Finance and Investments, the job holder will be responsible for conducting risk analysis used to develop pricing for new and existing products; and applying actuarial analysis to support cross functional activities.
- Establish and integrate risk management framework in business processes
- Develop and ensure implementation of strategies for risk management
- Monitoring of claims experience, loss ratio and combined ratio
- Run and validate the risk based capital model developed by the appointed Actuary; and
- Recommend improvements on risk, finance, underwriting and claims process, including liaison with ICT.
- Be holder of a Bachelors Degree in any of the following fields; Actuarial Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or any other relevant field from a recognized university;
- A Masters Degree in any of the above, or related fields from a university recognised in Kenya will be an added advantage;
- Possess a Post Graduate training/ Professional certification in Actuarial science and be a member in good standing of the Actuarial Society of Kenya: and
- Have knowledge and relevant experience of not less than eight (8) years in Corporate risks and actuarial services with three (3) years at managerial level.
Applicants will be required to satisfy all the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- A report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please send your application quoting the position reference, and attach your CV with details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addresses of three professional referees, Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply.
To be considered, your application must be received by 26th October 2018 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
For more details on NHIF and the job descriptions for these roles, please log on to http://www.nhif.or.ke/
NHIF is an equal opportunity employer and canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please also note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.