Norwegian Refugee Council
Consortium Finance Manager
Location: Mogadishu – Somalia
Ref. No: 3959001759
Building Resilient Communities in Somalia (BRCiS) is a humanitarian Consortium that takes a holistic approach to supporting Somali communities in developing their capacity to resist and absorb minor shocks without undermining their ability to move out of poverty.
In 2013, five international NGOs with long experience in Somalia – Cooperazione e Sviluppo (CESVI), Concern Worldwide (CWW), the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC), the International Rescue Committee (IRC), and Save the Children International (SCI) – formed a Consortium to address Somalia Communities’ long-term exposure to recurrent disasters and destitution.
The Consortium now has 8 Members including Action Against Hunger, Candlelight and Kaalo. It manages a portfolio of 6 grants implemented in all Federal Member States of Somalia.
BRCiS is looking to recruit for a Consortium Finance Manager who is to be responsible that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme / poject implementation.
1. Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
2. Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
3. Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
4. Management of financial team
5. Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
6. Provide regular analysis and reports
7. Implement anti corruption policy
8. Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum 4 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context of Somalia
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts, multi-country disaster preparedness, response and recovery programming.
- Experience with project development
- Experience with Consortium coordination
- Experience in resource mobilisation and working with various donors and conversant with their technical frameworks and strategies
- Experience in advocacy work
- Safety and security awareness training
Education Field: Finance / Economics
Education Level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strategic thinking, result oriented and diplomatic
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiating action, culturally sensitive and coping with change
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
- Able to present and represent an organization
Duty Station: Mogadishu, Somalia
Travel: Frequent travel to all areas of programme Implementation, with approx. 30% travel to Nairobi.
Contract Duration: 12 months
Salary & Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation package
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
The Norwegian Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer, with no discrimination in terms of sex, age, religion, ethnic origin or political affiliation.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected
CLICK HERE for a Complete Job Description for this position
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
- Location: Somalia
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: Finance
Deadline for application: 30/10/2018