Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation (NTZDC) was established as a state Corporation under a Legal Gazette Notice No. 30 of 2002, revoking Legal Gazette Notice No. 265 of 1986, with the aim of promoting forest conservation by providing buffer zones of tea and fuelwood to check against human encroachment into the gazetted forests.
The Corporation’s operations are spread over nineteen (19) zones and two factories one in Nandi County and another one under completion in Kirinyaga County. The Corporation’s major activities are in tea growing, tea factory operations and local sales distribution of value-added teas.
The Corporation seeks to recruit a qualified and competent Kenyan citizen to fill the following position:
Strategy & Corporate Performance Manager
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Managing Director, the job holder will be responsible for participating in preparation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of strategic plan achievements in terms of business performance.
- Coordinate formulation of strategic corporate business plans (short, medium and long term).
- Participate in the development of policies and strategies to help management achieve corporate goals and objectives as per business plans.
- Coordinate the implementation process of business plans, projections and strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and appropriateness of business standards and targets, and make recommendations for addressing performance gaps.
- Develop parameters for measuring implementation of plans and strategies.
- Carry out business environmental studies and analysis on Corporation’s products and services.
- Carry out research to improve the current Corporation products, and recommend introduction of new products to expand the product portfolio.
- Compile the quarterly and annual performance reports for submission to the relevant offices.
- Analyze the quarterly performance report and advise management on the way forward.
- Establish a continuous performance and quality improvement effort, monitoring and reporting system.
- Ensure establishment of key performance indicators and update regularly as appropriate.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Strategic Management or equivalent qualification.
- Relevant Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in similar position or in planning.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A team Player
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
- High Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, day time mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials.
Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 9 /10/2018 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.