Our client is a major regional oil marketing company with business presence in East Africa and the Great Lakes region. They deal with sales and distribution of Ago, PMS, Kerosene, LPG and high quality branded lubricants with world class standards.
They are looking to source and select a qualified and experienced Marketing Manager.
The portfolio is will assume the role of developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for the business unit to attract new customers while servicing existing ones optimally.
The incumbent will be responsible for growing the Brand and market share in the region of operations; overseeing implementation of marketing activities that will ensure organizations objectives are met.
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting: Managing Director
Key Result Areas
- Develop and Implement the marketing strategy in line with the group wide strategy.
- Develops and executes marketing plans and programmes, both short and long range, to ensure the profit growth and expansion of the company products and services.
- Achieves satisfactory profit /loss ratio and share of the market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within the industry and the economy.
- Implement strategic plans for commercial sales and marketing by monitoring and ensuring achievement of business plan objectives, identifying market trends and new business opportunities, managing the brand and business analysis and in planning.
- Responsible for development of sound adverting campaigns the product portfolios both on print and electronic.
- Responsible for expeditious resolution of customer complaints, feedback and follow through;
- Responsible for carrying out market researches, analyzes and monitors financial, technological and demographic factors, market share trends and competitor activity so that market opportunities are capitalized on and the effects of competitive activity minimized.
- Responsible for revenue generation initiatives and expenditure controls;
- Responsible for identifying and mapping consumer requirements; defining markets, competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share.
- Responsible for setting and monitoring individual sales targets for the Marketing team;
- Responsible for developing and managing the marketing budget;
- Provide Leadership, Role Modeling and Coaching as well as People Development to staff in the marketing department
- Recommends changes in basic structure and organization of marketing group to ensure the effective fulfillment of objectives assigned to it and to provide flexibility to move swiftly in relation to marketing problems and opportunities.
- Any other assignment as may be directed by the supervisor
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing or Business-related field;
- Postgraduate degree in a Business-related field will be an advantage;
- CIM is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in Oil marketing and specifically in Retail network management and Commercial;
- Experience in supervising and managing teams mandatory.
- IT proficiency in Microsoft suite.
Qualified and Interested applicants should send their detailed CV, quoting their expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5.pm 31st October, 2018.