One Acre Fund
Kenya Field Operations Admin & Data Systems Lead
Job Summary: Lead the administrative and data systems side of our Field Operations program by managing our Field Office Support Team and our backend data analytics function.
One Acre Fund began in Kenya and Kenya is now one of our largest and fastest-growing countries of operation. Our vision for 2030 is to end hunger in Kenya and provide a pathway to prosperity for every farm family in the nation.
One Acre Fund Kenya is transitioning from a start-up to a mature operation – and we need additional high performing staff members to continue our strong growth trajectory.
Working with our Kenya team presents the opportunity to build upon our strong operational foundations and explore new ways to impact our well-established network of hundreds of thousands of farm families.
The Field Operations Admin & Data Systems Lead is tasked with running the administrative and data systems side of our Field Operations program, while also aggressively working to make them ready to scale to achieve our aggressive targets year on year.
This associate will manage our Field Office Support team and our back end data analytics function (64+ staff in total) which facilitates weekly execution of our program in the Field.
The FOps/Execution Admin & Data Systems Associate’s responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
Strategy & Vision
- Contribute to the Field Operations 5 Year Plan, annual ‘Objectives and Key Results’ goals and planning processes for Field Operations department. Ensure annual plans align with the country program’s long-term vision and targets.
- Measure progress against goals, regularly report on progress, and hold team accountable to delivering results in key strategic areas.
- Drive Field Operations to scale our services to more clients efficiently, while maintaining a high level of service.
- In all high level discussions at a country and global level you will be responsible for representing the synthesized view of your sub-department: Field Office Support, Data and Cost Savings
Field Office Support, Back Office Tooling, Data Analytics and Growth Systems Support
- Directly manage and mentor 1 sub-department manager (Data and Field Office Support) and 1 data manager (Data Analytics)
- Ensure that all of the sub-department tasks are executed to world-class standards including:
- Direct oversight of our Field Office Administration team (consisting of 52 AAs, 8 AA Senior Supervisors, 2 AA Senior Coordinators and 1 Senior Specialist team lead)
- Coordinate procurement of office supplies and materials to support district and regional offices
- Oversee and manage all activities relevant to supporting Field Admin Staff (hiring, onboarding, check-ins, performance reviews, budgeting etc.)
- Facilitate resolution of challenges and issues raised by Field Admin Staff
- Plan, coordinate and manage the entire annual seasonal transition process.
- The front end work includes everything from scouting and securing new district and regional offices, hiring and onboarding new field office support teams, establishing and setting up new district vendors, and procurement of new office materials.
- Coordinating with Expansion, FSM and Biz-Ops to reconfigure incentive delivery to sites and districts that have changed.
- Lead the update process for backend changes in Roster and the Field Staff List to reflect the updated district configuration.
- Facilitate collection, maintenance and reporting of KPIs for key weekly field activities
- Develop tools to analyze and improve efficiency of HQ and Field activities (for colleagues within this subteam and across FOPs/PGD – e.g. Field Staff List coordination across Expansion, FSM and Biz Ops)
- Collect, process and analyze data for specific projects relevant to large scale process improvements (e.g. improving field transition between districts, driving cost savings etc.)
- Create tools and processes to facilitate expansion at scale (including shifts to new districts, facilitating planning and support for outward and pilot districts and regions for weekly deliveries and large scale input delivery).
- Field Office Support
- Annual District Transition
- Back Office Tooling, Data Analytics and Systems support
- Collaboratively set department KPIs and metrics to measure success.
- Regularly solicit feedback from the wider team and other departments.
Strategic Improvements and Collaboration
- Identify and prioritize operations improvement projects to allow us to scale to more farmers, more efficiently, and offer a better service.
- Participate in relevant Working Groups to collaborate with colleagues to move forward on key initiatives. These include Enrollment WG, Input Delivery WG and Expansion WG
- Participate in Global Operations work and collaborate with other country programs.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, developers and country leadership to update and improve on the cross-country organizational data platform.
People Management & Training
- Serve as direct management line to 1 mid-level management staff who oversees a significant sub-department (Field Office Support) and 1 HQ Data Manager. Together, oversee 64 full time staff.
- Management will include oversight, weekly reporting meetings, performance reviews and development, strategic direction and support.
- Ensure that all staff receive effective mentorship to promote career growth and capacity to handle the organization’s rapid growth.
- Personally lead training sessions for senior staff members.
- Lead and support hiring of staff members within your sub-departments
Team & Culture
- Within your sub-department, ensure all staff members are connected to the mission and feel motivated to serve our farmers each day
- Serve as a leader and role model to the Kenya team at large. Embody One Acre Fund’s core values: Humble Service, Hard Work, Continual Growth, Family of Leaders, Dream Big, and Integrity.
- Monitor team morale, plan and mitigate any changes that could create disharmony amongst staff
- Implement best practices and initiatives that contribute to a more diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Make Field Operations and One Acre Fund a great place to work.
Spending and Budgeting
- Participate in annual budgeting process for your sub-departments; anticipate spending for the year based on annual plans.
- Each month, flag any expected over-expenditures and identify possible ways to offset costs
- Identify ways for the department to become more efficient
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests heavily in building management and leadership skills. The FOps/Execution Growth Systems Lead will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews. We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with 2-3+ years of work experience, and a demonstrated long-term passion for international development.
Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree is required for this position with strong demonstrated previous work experience. People Management experience is a huge plus.
- Experience in any of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and/or Database Management is also preferred.
- Experience working in a complex organization effectively with examples of leadership in that environment,including strong skills in relationship building and management within organizations
- Well-organized with demonstrated experience managing projects with high degree of complexity and detail
- Ability and demonstrated experience to work under pressure, producing quality work with little supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with a strong sense of accountability and responsibility.
- Willingness to ask questions, comfort pointing out challenges or mistakes and an ability to give clear, direct and professional upward feedback.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
Technical Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite required. Experience with any programming, statistical, database management, inventory management software is a strong plus.
Language: English required in Kenya. Swahili-speakers strongly encouraged to apply.
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Health insurance, housing, annual flights and other quality of life benefits
Sponsor International Candidates: No
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online