Knowledge Management (KM) / Communications Specialist
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is implementing a cooperative agreement – USAID Tupime Kaunti formerly County Measurement, Learning and Accountability Program (CMLAP) in Kenya.
The purpose of this activity is to support ongoing activities by the national and county governments and other development partners to strengthen outcome measurements, learning and accountability (MLA) systems in order to provide quality data and synthesized information for planning, implementation, policy development and decision making.
The Knowledge Management (KM)/Communications Specialist will be responsible for ensuring project results are collected, disseminated and communicated appropriately for different audiences.
S/he will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party and other key technical staff on supporting inter and intra county learning and communications platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Guides the design of a CMLAP communication and dissemination strategy and the production of innovative communication tools, products and platforms for CMLAP. These include but are not limited to reports, briefs, presentations, and special background papers;
- Provides communication guidance and capacity building to CMLAP staff and project partners through training and mentoring to help partners apply communication in their contexts;
- Organizes and supports communication strategies, messages and materials for project trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings;
- Leads compilation and sharing of the Knowledge management library per the reporting guidelines;
- Develop and disseminate monthly knowledge management briefs and learning materials to CMLAP staff;
- Develops and manages innovative mechanisms and tools to capture and share CMLAP ideas, achievements and impact;
- In consultation with the DCOP, coordinates CMLAP participation in national, regional, and local conferences and workshops by helping to identify appropriate meetings, plan presentations, prepare and finalize materials, and provide on-site communication support as required;
- Actively participates in the development of annual work plans and any specialized technical planning or reporting;
- Works closely with CMLAP staff to develop information products and learning material;
- Leads the identification, development and dissemination of success stories and material for monthly newsletter;
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A university degree in Communications, Journalism, International Relations or a relevant field;
- 8 years’ experience in KM/Communications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in
i) public health; and
ii) information systems strengthening
iii) USAID development projects;
- Strong writing skills. Samples may be requested;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communications skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili;
- Solid computer skills, including photo editing and desktop publishing.
How to Apply:
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing date: 09 Nov 2018