A retail pharmacy within Kiserian is urgently looking for an experienced Pharmaceutical Technologist.
Job Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediately
Expected Salary: Negotiable
He/she will be responsible for the day to day running of the pharmacy with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Dispensing of prescriptions, Patient counseling and counter- prescribing to optimize the Pharmacy Sales.
- Stock control and Inventory Management including monitoring of expiries
- Shortlisting items sold for ordering and conducting stock counts as and when required by the management.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the Pharmacy and all storage areas and conforming to good storage practices.
- Providing inventory, Sales and Cash collection reports to the management as needed
- Keeping appropriate patient records and doing follow ups to ensure optimal pharmaceutical care and treatment outcomes, and ensuring storage of prescription records for Two years as required by Cap 244 of the Kenyan laws.
- Sale of Vaccines, Insulin and other cold chain products and ensuring optimal cold chain maintenance until use by the end consumer. Also provision of technical advice on cold chain management to clients.
- Participating in Health Promotion and Marketing initiatives organized by the Pharmacy.
- Performing any other duties as may be required by the management.
Skills and Competencies
- Able to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- IT literate, excellent use of MS Office and Excel
- Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Trustworthy and honest with good reference
Minimum Qualifications/Education Requirements:
- A Diploma in Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized Institution
- Enrollment Certificate from Kenya’s Pharmacy & Poisons Board
- Valid Practice license (if currently employed)
Work Experience: A minimum of One year post enrollment experience in a busy retail pharmacy.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications which must include a cover letter, CV and copies of certificates to email@example.com
Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.