Our client is looking for a Placement Associate who is responsible for making sure that students gain the industry exposure, work experience, and internships needed to launch
successful careers in their industry.
- Source job placements, volunteer opportunities and internships for students and alumni
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with industry to market the students, identify opportunities for new alliances and explore mutual areas of partnership
- Maintain a current database of employers, student placements, and experiential assignments.
- Organize and conduct group orientation and networking events for all partners – students, businesses, community and faculty.
- Keep in close touch with placement partners during placements to ensure quality engagement for both student and employer
- Conduct Career advising sessions as well as manage career development seminars, career fairs and networking events to link students and alumni to industry
- Design and implement student work-readiness covering resume writing, interview preparation workshops and job search techniques.
- Coordinate one-on-one career advising sessions as needed.
- Producing update reports for management information.
- University degree in a relevant subject in Commerce / Business Administration /Education
- Professional management training
- Experience of Higher Education and the student learning experience and personal development
- Interest in and understanding of current business issues and their impact on industry
- Minimum of 2years work experience in a college / University
- Proficient communicator at all levels, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage different projects at the same time
- Demonstrate creativity & initiative and require minimal supervision.
- Possess top-level interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
How to Apply
If you are a motivated and energetic individual who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to varying challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work, kindly send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 30th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.