The opening of the position of the Accounts Assistant is an opportunity for a highly talented, skilled and driven professional to join our team and help us build our brand.
The required person will assist in preparation of accounting documents, posting of transactions, and management of petty cash and preparation of reports.
The successful person will be reporting to the Head of Property Management.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Prepare, verify and process invoices for sales or services rendered.
- Checking incoming payments daily and making updates.
- Check data accuracy in orders and invoices
- Following up on outstanding customer outstanding balances.
- Monitor and manage trade receivable ageing summary.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software.
- Customer Relations management.
- Ensuring posting of receipts is done accurately and on a daily basis.
- Create and update records and databases with clients’ payments and property data
- Follow up with clients’ payments and update of progress
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Skills:-
- At least CPA Section 4
- A degree in Accounting or Finance will be an added advantage
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in working with Accounting software i.e. QuickBooks, Sage Pastel
- Experience with bookkeeping practices
- Understanding of filing systems
- Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation
- Ability to detect inconsistencies,
- Prioritization skills and ability to multitask
- Strong administrative background
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and results oriented
- Honesty and Accountability
- Pleasant & Positive Attitude
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Proactive, confident, ambitious and focused
- Team player
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the required qualifications and experience; please send your application only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accounts/Administrative Assistant) to email@example.com with a well detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.