Our client a top Printing and Branding company in Nairobi, that provides Branding and Printing services as well as Promotional merchandise including Point of Sale (POS) and Point of Purchase (POP) Displays seeks a goal-oriented, energetic persons to join our team of Professionals.
General Manager will be in charge of general operations and manage high-level functions, such as the Sales, finances, marketing, and staffing.
He will also be tasked with facilitating profitability functions and ensure smooth running of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products and services
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
- Engage with Board and corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Help plan and implement sales campaigns and create a sales pipelines
- negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- keep abreast and communicate industry trends and changes relevant to the company
- Manage profit and loss statements and account for costs and revenues
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel
- Communicate strategy and results to the line managers and unit’s employees
- Report key results to board and corporate officers
Qualifications, Experience and Skill
- Degree in business
- Master’s degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Experience and proven track record in expanding company market penetration.
- A person of high integrity.
- Experience in driving sales is key
- Knowledge of Production processes of the printing industry is an added advantage.
- 5 Years managerial experience
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong conflict & complaint resolution skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Leads by example, demonstrating a high level of patience, calmness and positivity in the workplace
- Solid attention to detail and time management skills
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements specified above should submit their applications so as to reach the specific addresses shown below by close of business on 7th November 2018.
Applications to include CVs with details of their day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment where successful, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials and copies of National ID or Passport and 2 Passport photos.
Applications for the positions should be sent via email
or hand delivered to
Simco Plaza, 4th floor, Suite 401, Lusaka Road,
P.O Box 40969-00100,
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documentation /details as sought for will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.