Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Gross Salary: 120k – 150k
Location: Nairobi (with extensive travel)
Our client is an oil marketing company with several service stations across the country.
They are seeking to hire a qualified and competent individual to fill in the role of a Quantity Surveyor for their construction projects.
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Performing risk, value management and cost control
- Assisting in establishing project requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client
- Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Preparing and analyzing costing for tenders
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Maintaining awareness of the different / multiple ongoing projects
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations
- Degree or higher diploma in Quantity survey
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be a registered member of BORAQS & IQSK
- Impressive numeracy skills to handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role.
- A thorough technical understanding of building construction methods
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel and Power-point) with excellent command of oral and written English and Kiswahili
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of honesty/integrity, results oriented, ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes
How to Apply:
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Quantity Surveyor) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th November 2018.