Job Title: Factory Manager – Renewable Energy
Industry: Renewable Energy
Gross Salary: KShs. 250k – 280k
Our Client is in the renewable energy sector providing smart and sustainable solutions to families across the world.
They seek to hire a Factory Manager to supervise and manage the day to day operations of the factory.
- Manage the manufacturing function for performance excellence. Accomplish objectives in cost reduction, quality, on-time delivery, responsiveness, flexibility, and employee safety.
- Establish and implement a strategy that drives performance excellence. Core elements of the strategy should include continuous improvement and state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques in conjunction with detailed actions and timelines to achieve objectives
- Publish performance reports at appropriate time intervals, including budget actual vs. plan.
- Serve as one of the faces of the company to customers and other significant stakeholders by personally leading factory tours to highlight the strengths of our quality, scalability, pride, and other capabilities.
- Define and implement processes and tools to drive consistency and repeatability in day-to-day operations. Actively reduce variances in all its forms. Train, encourage, and measure supervisors and employees on use of processes and tools, giving frequent feedback.
- Manage the specific departments within the manufacturing management function to improve departmental performance. Departments include production, production maintenance, quality, logistics, warehouse & inventory, and facility management.
- Use ERP system for accurate and timely management of all transactions, data and reporting.
- Oversee Logistics Manager’s work for inbound and outbound shipments, ensuring timeliness, accuracy, and archiving of all shipping documentation.
- Oversee Production Supervisor’s maintenance and calibration schedules and implementation to ensure proper repairs, operation and optimal uptime.
- Oversee quality manager’s implementation of a quality program that includes procedures and use of quality tools that emphasizes defect prevention and variance elimination at its source.
- Publish inspection and discrepant material reports, find root causes and take corrective action.
- Conduct weekly cycle counts, report counts in ERP system, and publish weekly report jointly with accounting.
- Attend all GAC/CCAK meetings/Workshops where technology and standards are the subject
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or other related Degree
- 7+ years of factory management experience, with demonstrated record of performance and increasing responsibilities through time.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with ability to set appropriate objectives, gain employee commitment to excellence, and drive high performance.
- Experience with a variety of machines, tools, and equipment, including lathes, mills, presses, shearing machines and the like. Additional experience with facility configuration for electrical power, water, security, etc.
- Demonstrated record of good quality programs and tools, such as 6 Sigma, AQL, SPC, Fishbone Diagrams, Pareto Analysis, Continuous Improvement with root cause analysis and corrective action, etc. Be able to show metrics data and analyses from current/previous employment.
- Must have prior experience working with an ERP System preferable Netsuite.
- Demonstrated record of good inventory management, including security procedures, physical organization, and accuracy. Accuracy performance should be demonstrated by use of cycle counting, physical audits and regular reporting.
- Demonstrated record of good logistics management, including timely and accurate inbound and outbound shipping, accurate shipping documentation, and ability to oversee effective sourcing and high performance from logistics providers. Be able to troubleshoot problems with Customs or other authorities as needed.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Factory Manager – Renewable Energy) to email@example.com before 30th October 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted