Job Title: Research Officer
Location: Nairobi (with extensive travel)
Gross Salary: 45,000
Our client provides consulting services for Monitoring and evaluation, organizational capacity building and project management.
They seek to hire a Research Officer to assist in analyzing and evaluating data gathered during Monitoring & Evaluation projects
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Program field teams.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data
- Provide data and support for marketing initiatives
- As time allows, undertake research projects to inform stakeholders and highlight key trends in the nation and regionally.
- Provide guidance and day-to-day management of future direct reports including research interns
- Assist with questions about Research Strategy and program outlook
- Support the M&E Manager to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations
- Assist Program staff in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyze weekly reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
- Collects, manages, analyzes and reports data in support for sustainable development initiatives
- Provides economic analysis, conducts business research, authors publications, and manages unique data collection efforts
- Track, update, and respond to demographic, economic and industry specific inquiries
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Administration, Information Management, Project Management, Statistics, or another relevant academic background (essential)
- 3 years of Research and Monitoring and Evaluation experience (essential)
- Capacity to produce high-quality briefs and report. Skills
- Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
- Ability to design data collection tools, conduct surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to train and build capacity of others
- Experience in a non-governmental organization in the field of conflict management, development or community engagement.
- Knowledge and experience in project Management is critical
- Fieldwork experience in research is also important
- Proven organizational, analytical, negotiating, communication (oral and written) and training skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and cross-cultural communications skills.
- Ability to prioritize, focus and deliver quality results within deadlines while meeting conflicting work demands and targets; working with or without teams with minimum supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, County collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision to meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Research Officer) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 25th October 2018.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.