Call for Consultancy
Elastic Search & Kibana
Nairobi – Kenya
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. Founded as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina in 1958, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
It has a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people. RTI seeks the services of a consultant with strong experience and deep expertise in the use of Kibana and Elastic search platforms.
RTI has been working in close partnership with the Ministry of Education and the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide support for early grade education through the Tusome Program and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) to provide support for early childhood education through the Tayari Program. For the past 5 years both programs have collected hundreds of thousands of classroom observation records.
These data are stored on an Elastic search stack with a Kibana layer on top for visualization. RTI seeks an expert user of the Elastic stack to provide 3-5 days of hands-on training to its software developers, ICT team leads, and data visualization personnel. The candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Good understanding of Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana.
- Understanding of NoSQL databases/ CouchDB.
- Ability to translate data structure in various systems (API’s, databases, and data stores)
- Expertise in integrating data from many disparate systems.
- 5+ years relevant experience.
- Ability to train a team of software developers on use of Kibana and Elastic search.
Timeline and deliverable
RTI anticipates starting this work as soon as possible, therefore immediate availability is important.
RTI desires an in-person training for 1 week and offsite support to the development team thereafter.
Candidates who are only able to offer one week online training are also welcome to apply
The candidate is expected to include the following in their application:
1. A list of trainings the candidate delivered, including descriptions of content covered, methodologies, the agendas, etc. Most valuable if the trainings in question focused on the Elastic stack.
2. A detailed roadmap describing the content to be covered during training.
3. Training cost per day
4. Ongoing support cost for 1 month. .
How to Apply
To apply, email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th October, 2018.
Should you have questions regarding this advert, please reach out to the HR department via email@example.com.
Applicants must include POSITION name in the subject line of the email.
Please only attach copies of certificates for Kibana or Elastic search certification.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please Note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.