RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services.
Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI is currently seeking a driver for the Kenya Crops & Dairy Market Systems (KCDMS) Activity which is part of the Feed the Future program, America’s initiative to combat global hunger and poverty.
In this regard, USAID is partnering with RTI International on a 5-year new cooperative agreement (KCDMS Activity) to help increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The project will also spur competitive, resilient market systems in Kenya’s horticulture and dairy sectors.
We Seek to recruit a driver to be based in the Nairobi office.
The driver will serve as a chauffeur for project staff, consultants and other visitors as assigned by supervisor. S/he will be in charge of maintaining high standard of cleanliness of the project vehicle in his/her custody. S/he will also ensure that the project vehicle assigned is well serviced and maintained as required and perform administrative support tasks as assigned.
- Drive project/office staff members, consultants and other visitors on project/office business
- Provide transportation to and from the airport, hotel, project sites, and other locations as assigned
- Ensure vehicle has sufficient amount of gas, maintain the vehicles’ cleanliness and ensure its security for daily use and proper evening and weekend storage at office site
- Read and understand specific vehicle operating manual to ensure the safe and appropriate operations of the vehicle
- Obey traffic rules and road signs, negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate smooth running of vehicle movements.
- Maintain records of trips including kilometers travelled, fuel consumed and cost, and dates of oil changes, all according to established procedures
- Produce weekly reports of mileage travelled
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc
- Arrange for repairs and regularly scheduled maintenance of the vehicle as per manufacturer’s suggested schedule
- Ensure that all regulations are followed in case of an accident and that required paperwork is submitted
- Pick up and deliver shipments and documents as assigned
- Identify any apparent problems such as insecurity during driving operations and report them to the Administrative Assistant
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all project/office personnel.
- Driver / Chauffer experience for at least 3 years.
- Valid Kenya driver’s license.
- Proof of good driving record.
- Experience in driving and familiarity through rural terrain preferred.
- Prior experience on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, professionalism, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude.
- Administrative experience with ability to perform computations preferred.
- Neat and professional appearance.
- Oral and written English language fluency.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2018.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note: RTI International does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V