Job Vacancy: Sacco Manager
Main purpose of job: To direct and control the company’s operations by giving strategic guidance and direction to the team to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives. Being an emerging establishment, the SACCO Manager will be expected to ensure growth of membership and investments by fashioning the SACCO and its products in an appealing way to the target market which is the youth.
- Sit in the Board Meetings.
- Provide strategic advice to the members of the board to keep them aware of developments within the industry.
- Organize board meetings, be the board meeting minutes custodian and follow up on agreed action plans.
- Innovate specialized products, marketing strategies and come up with ideas that attract youth to Zahara SACCO.
- Liaise with the team to update and implement the strategy matrix
- Formulate, prepare and implement short and long term policies and programs of the society in accordance with the group strategy and especially focusing on our youth.
- Craft the sales and pitch processes of the business development team.
Finance and Budgeting
- See to it that the SACCO operates at full financial efficiency to ensure profitability.
- Ensure financial records i.e proper books of accounts, records and returns are kept and that regular financial, statistical and operational information is prepared and submitted to the Management Committee and other committees.
- Account for the funds and assets of the Society and their security.
- Ensure financial records of the members are up to date and available at request by assigning member contributions received through different transactions to their accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that rent, rates, levies and debts due to and from the Society are paid by the due date.
- Countersign the society’s cheques, contracts and other documents.
P.R | Sales & Marketing
- Leverage on various networking forums especially those with a special focus on youth with the aim of enhancing Zahara SACCO’s visibility.
- Pitch Zahara products and services to organized audiences as well as individuals.
- Plan, execute and oversee new marketing initiatives.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events as may be required.
- Ensure Zahara SACCO is at all times compliant with any and all laws governing SACCOs
- Ensure the Zahara SACCO team is at all times compliant with the code of conduct and overall group values and regulations
- Communicate management views or concerns to the rest of the team.
- Relay operational and team issues to management.
- Act as a communication point between management and SACCO team (mediator)
- Develop, manage and maintain a high performance & efficient team by providing good leadership, effective supervision and guidance to all staff members under their charge.
- Ensure the team is well trained and sufficiently motivated to undertake their duties.
- Ensure members’ issues and queries are handled in a timely, effective and accurate manner.
Human Resource Management in liaison with Group HR
- Direct and control the human resources of the company and ensure the recruitment and retention of the required staff that are well-motivated, trained and developed to ensure the company realizes mission and objectives.
- Plan and monitor job expectations as well as appraise performance and job results.
- Initiate disciplinary action and coordinate disciplinary action identified by group management or H.R
Remuneration: KES 70,000 – 80,000.
- MUST have 5 years of experience in the financial sector with at least 3 years are in a senior/ leadership role in a SACCO.
- Business degree from a recognized University. A master’s degree in business related studies will be an added advantage.
- A professional qualification in either accounting, finance or credit management
- Other qualifications in SACCO operations, Diploma in Co‐operative Management, Business Management
- MUST be innovative, self-driven with strong marketing skills
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Microfinance, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or any other relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Excellent ICT skills with practical working experience with SACCO software
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Application Letter (has to include current salary and minimum expected salary with the aforementioned salary range) and CV to email@example.com quoting the job title on the email subject (SACCO MANAGER) on/before Friday, 20th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.