Our client, one of the world’s leading players in manufacturing and marketing of pulp and paper, seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Sales Manager.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Regional Manager, this position will be responsible for managing the sales of the Company’s products within a defined geographic area or set of customers, ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through the identification of objectives, strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings.
- Build customers relationships through the promotion and sales of the company’s products and brands;
- Define, manage and monitor annual budgets with customers in alignment with the Company’s strategy;
- Identify business opportunities and new customers through keeping a comprehensive understanding of the market, competition, alternative products and consumer trends;
- Assure a consistent service to customers through an efficient interaction with other Commercial areas of the Company such as Marketing, Supply Chain and Logistics, Pricing and Product Quality and International Key Accounts Management;
- Negotiate with customers while building strong communication and relationships at all levels within the clients’ companies: purchaser, indoor/outdoor sales people, marketing, operations;
- Participate actively in all transversal processes in the Company, contributing to discussions, innovation, both in the commercial topics and also in other operational or strategic levels.
Key Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree preferably in Management, Sales, Marketing or related areas; MBA is a plus;
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in sales or marketing functions in dynamic markets, at least three (3) of which should be in a managerial position;
- Experience in B2B sales is an added advantage;
- Membership in a marketing professional body is an added advantage.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Achievement-orientation and planning skills;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strategic thinking;
- Business acumen;
- Negotiation, impact and influence skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject heading. Your application should consist of a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Word or PDF with three (3) professional referees.
Do not attach copies of certificates/ testimonials. Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
The deadline for submission of applications is Saturday, 3 November 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer.