Position: Senior Sales Manager
Location: Based in Kenya
Reporting: Africa Sales Head – Minimum Business (Internal & External)
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries. With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems.
We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software. In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
Purpose of the job: Sales Manager to drive territory revenue in Kenya & East Africa. The Sales manager will have ownership of the sales territory and will be entirely dedicated to driving long term success. The ideal candidate is a highly experienced and proven sales leader with a robust network in the Electrical Market.
We are looking for someone that can make a significant impact on day one by having the ability to build, negotiate and close large (complex) ad deals. You have the skills to lead, motivate and gain the respect of clients.
A regional leadership position in sales in Minimum business is not just selling – it is expected that everyone at the zone will contribute to making business better. Leaders on sales team will be involved in various company initiatives such as marketing, branding, product, Public and Government Relations, culture, etc. We strive to get better results every day and we expect our leaders to drive personal growth both for themselves and their teams.
- Development of East Africa Strategy to meet and exceed ambitious sales revenue goals in Kenya & East Africa
- Set up 3 years business & marketing plans for each country in East Africa.
- Establishing and Developing the Distribution Networks across all Key Channels
- Management of sales, events, and marketing strategies
- Specify and Implement strategies required to achieve our Sales & Profitability Targets
- Full coordination & Follow up with Country Support Team in China regarding the Sales orders, from the date of placing the order and up to its delivery to our distributors and customers.
- Conduct Marketing Intelligence activities (for Kenya and each country in East Africa) required for our benchmark and pricing strategy.
- Ensure POS growth in Kenya & East Africa –
- Drive positive, responsible, team work and professional for high performance culture
Essential Professional Experience:
- 10+ years in relevant Sales & Export roles
- Deep Understanding of payment Terms ( L/C, L/G ) & Incoterms
- Regional Experience in East Africa
- Solid Distributors’ Management Experience with the ability to build strong and committed relationships with Distributors, customers and external partners.
- Sales Background in Electrical products & solutions: Low Voltage electrical products, power distribution, industrial control products, etc
- Demonstrate strong leadership in terms of execution, influencing skills, and strategic initiative development of countries sales
- Technical qualification in the electrical field
- A wide network of contacts in the Electrical Market.
- Worked in leading companies in the Electrical Industry
- Experience in penetrating New Markets.
- Ability to be flexible and responsive in the demanding environment of a start-up organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and accustomed to performing and meeting quotas
- Strategic view, team work and quick execution with a sense of speed
- Result-oriented with good interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Willing to work under pressure. Accept challenge and meet commitment.
- Frequent traveller
- Fluent in Swahili & English
- Computer Skills: MS Office
CLICK HERE to apply online.