Our client is a renewable energy start-up with a focus in undertaking infrastructure projects in the rural off-grid communities.
They seek to hire a qualified and experienced Solar Technical Engineer to drive their projects from inception to completion. The ideal candidate is proven professional with tangible track record in implementing solar energy solutions especially in rural areas.
He/she will be in charge of solar solutions sizing for small to major projects as well as structural mapping.
- Carry out Prefeasibility and Feasibility site information collection and analysis
- Develop Feasible Technical Models for Solar sites for optimal production using PVSyst modelling tools.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for residential, commercial, or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Design or develop Solar PV Systems.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency.
- Test or evaluate photovoltaic (PV) cells or modules, batteries and other accessories
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Any other duties as assigned to you by the Senior Engineer – Electrical from time to time.
Key Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
- A Diploma in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- ERC T3 Solar PV Technician Certification is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 2 years’ of relevant work experience in a similar role or a solar design related position is highly desirable.
- Proficient with AutoCAD 2D & a PV design software design software is highly desirable
- A people manager
- Great execution skills and able to meet tight deadlines
- Able to work with extremely lean budget to deliver outstanding final works.
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to send their CV to email@example.com so as to reach us on or before 15th November 2018.
Please quote “Solar Technical Engineer” in your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.