The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya, which is an Agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The hospital is part of a network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach Health Facilities across East Africa.
The Aga Khan Hospital is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2015 certification, ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services and is at advanced stage of attaining Joint Commission International Accreditation.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has outreach Health Services at Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Kibuye-Kisumu, West End- Kisumu, Busia, Homa- Bay, Kapsabet, Migori, Bomet, with plans to spread to Narok.
With the ongoing expansion we seek to recruit a professional for the following vacant position:
Sonographer – Narok Medical Centre
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Radiology Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for providing safe, efficient, high quality diagnostic imaging services through the use of modern imaging technology that includes computerized X-ray machine and multi probe ultrasound unit.
- The purpose of this position is to undertake initial patient evaluation, provide diagnostic radiographs, perform ultrasound and Doppler examinations by capturing images of diagnostic value.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection are observed to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety to patient’s staff and self.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance, and calibration of medical equipment’s are in place and followed.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patients’ records.
- Higher Diploma in Ultrasound
- Two (2) years working experience in similar position
- Registered and licensed by The Kenya Radiation Protection Board
- A member of Society of radiographers in Kenya (SORK).
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness.
- Good communication skills.
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3rd November, 2018.
If you do not receive any response from us, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Interested candidates should also note that Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu does not solicit any funds for purposes of recruitment.
“Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is an equal opportunity employer”