Job Title: Stores Officer
General Purpose: The position is responsible for performing general stores function, receiving and issuing goods, carrying out procurement activities and maintaining records of stock levels in the store.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To ensure proper control of stocks in & out of the store
- Set up and maintain electronic documentation of organization’s assets.
- Principal custodian of the Stores and all Stock items
- Prepare spare parts, materials requisitions based on the Systems/manual Internal Order Request
- Receive all items and sign delivery notes and GRN upon confirmations accordingly
- Ensure that all parts need to be repaired are delivered & collected from the repairing agent
- Make follow of delivery of parts, consumables from purchasing officer
- Raise daily job cards in liaison with the purchasing officer.
- Carry out a monthly stock take and send a Stock summary report to the Purchasing manager
- Liaise with Purchasing Officer in all matters concerning requisitions & supply
- Monitor efficiency of parts and services and advice on the quality to the H.O.D
- Compile and send defined reports per schedule.
- Maintain and up to date filing system of administrative paperwork
- Generate of job cards and GRN’s
- Update and maintain purchasing records
- Manage supplier relations
- Pre- qualification of suppliers
- Supervise direct reports
- Ensure implementation of company policies, procedures and SOP’s
- Develop and foster good relations with suppliers
- Uphold and maintain ethical standards in procurement
- Facilitate supplier payments and Coordinate deliveries to various departments
- Perform any other duties assigned by the HOD or any other authorized superior
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field. Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a recognized institution is a MUST.
- At least 3 years’ experience in stock control and management in a busy organization.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in computerized stock management package.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, honest and reliable person who can work with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Book Keeping
- Inventory Management
- Report writing and communication
- Data entry, analysis and management.
- People management
- Time Management
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
If you qualify for the above, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30th October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.