These jobs are only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for some 265 million passengers and 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo annually on behalf of some 850 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 315 airports in 50 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Auto body Technician
Do you believe you have what it takes to service, execute repairs and maintain in good order all Ground Support Equipment (GSE) at Swissport? Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position in the Maintenance Department.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that security standards are upheld without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess damaged vehicles and other ground support equipment to establish the extent of damage and advise on the spare parts required for the repairs.
- Repair the damaged bodywork carefully with the right tools and material to avoid further damages.
- Paint the ground support equipment with the right paint to the required quality standards.
- Recommend the various tools and equipment used to perform his/her task effectively.
- Identify the various equipment which need repainting and create a work order in the ERP for proper planning and scheduling.
- Fill the work order clearly after completion of task for the job to be closed in ERP.
- The incumbent will identify the various spares and consumables regularly used and recommend the quantity to be stocked in the maintenance stores.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the maintenance manager.
- Certificate in Mechanical engineering, Motor vehicle grade test or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in vehicle repairs preferably airport ground support equipment maintenance like high loaders, pushbacks, conveyor belts, tugs etc.
- Previous experience in an ERP environment will be highly regarded.
- Proficiency in Ms Suite i.e. Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Outlook
- Safety-oriented with ability to identify and report hazards.
- Valid driving licence class BCDE
Application letter and CV for the above position should be forwarded via email with the subject line: Application for Auto Body Technician to: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi.
Swissport Kenya Limited does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: November 09, 2018