These jobs are only open to Kenyan Citizens
Swissport is an international organisation that provides ground handling services for some 265 million passengers and 4.7 million tonnes of air cargo annually on behalf of some 850 client-companies in the aviation sector.
Swissport is active at 315 airports in 50 countries on 5 continents. Swissport Kenya Limited is recruiting for the following position based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Quality & Reliability Technician
Do you believe you have what it takes to achieve the highest quality of repairs and reduce on overall downtime of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) at Swissport?
Applications are invited from candidates to fill the above position in the Maintenance Department.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring that security standards are upheld without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maximize the overall uptime of the Ground Handling/Cargo Handling Ground Support Equipment, Vehicles and Warehouse Handling Equipment.
- Develop and maintain equipment repair KPI’s i.e. Mean time to repair (MTTR), Mean time before failure (MTBF), Availability etc.
- On monthly basis, analyse the GSE failures in terms of repetitiveness, top ten failures by downtime duration, top ten failures by cost and recommend on corrective measures to be taken.
- In liaison with the maintenance supervisors, investigate the root cause of major equipment failures and recommend the corrective measures to avoid any future occurrence.
- Check the various maintenance processes in place, identify any gaps to be sealed and come up with the overall continuous improvement strategy.
- Perform critically analysis on the ground support equipment to identify the various failure modes, identify the critical spares and recommend on the preventive maintenance to be done.
- Advise the maintenance stores when receiving the purchased spares to avoid any foreseen quality issues which might reduce equipment uptime.
- Receive the equipment which were outsourced for repairs after inspection and confirmation that the work was done according to the scope of work in the purchase order and the quality of work is up to the required standards.
- Negotiate with the lubricants supplier to perform scheduled oil analysis(SOS) and follow up on the results and recommendations after every equipment service.
- Research, compile and process quality data required for various management reporting such as surveys, safety & operational performance etc.
- Liaise with maintenance, operations and QHSE teams in the conduct of risk assessments for the various existing GSE, maintenance processes and new equipment.
- Monitor & measure compliance against the Swissport Fleet Standard through conduct of an annual audit, in liaison with the QHSE department.
- Carry out internal inspection of equipment on quarterly basis in line with KAA regulations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the maintenance manager.
- National higher diploma in Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in vehicle repairs preferably airport ground support equipment maintenance like high loaders, pushbacks, conveyor belts, tugs etc.
- Previous experience in Maximo ERP is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in Ms Suite i.e. Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Outlook & MS Visio
- Detail-oriented and analytical in nature
- Safety-oriented with ability to identify and report hazards.
- Valid driving licence class BCDE
Application letter and CV for the above position should be forwarded via email with the subject line: Application for Quality & Reliability Technician to: NBO.Recruitment@swissport.com
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi.
Swissport Kenya Limited does not use agents or require any form of payment in the recruitment process.
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. If you do not hear from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: November 09, 2018