Looking for a visionary leader
Our client Takaful Insurance of Africa Ltd (TIA) is driven by Takaful Concept, which is based on the principles of togetherness, cooperation and
mutual solidarity for all. Founded in 2008 and licensed in 2011, Takaful provides a wide range of risk management and financial security services driven by ethical fundamentals and business practices.
Takaful now seeks a solid insurance professional who is looking for growth and a professional challenge to serve as the Chief Executive Officer. The ideal candidate should have a track record of delivering results ethically and is keen to use innovation and market trends to drive business growth.
S/he will be ready to take on the market and create brand dominance to increase visibility for TIA. The candidate will aggressively promote the
understanding of Takaful insurance to drive market inclusion for non Islamic market share.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Board Chairman, the CEO will provide strategic direction and leadership to grow the Company. S/he will also be responsible for the overall operations and marketing of the business and will specifically be responsible for compliance and all affairs relating to the regulatory guidelines.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development and implementation of the business strategy;
- Identification of new investments and business opportunities to grow the topline, enhance profitability and increase shareholder value.
- Manage the day to day relationships with the Insurance Regulatory Authority (IRA) and report to the Board on all management issues;
- Closely work with the Sharia Supervisory Council on regulatory and Sharia compliance matters;
- Navigate the business operating environment and increase market penetration;
- Create brand dominance and increase visibility for TIA;
- Promote the understanding of Takaful insurance to drive market inclusion for non-islamic market share; and
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and risk procedures.
- The successful candidate should have Master’s and a Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field preferably insurance option, marketing or finance from a recognized University.
- S/he should be a holder of ACII, MIFP/CIFP or other recognized insurance professional qualifications.
- The ideal candidate should have 12 years working experience of which five should be in a senior management position in a large and busy organisation. S/he should also have experience in financial management, planning, budgeting and regulatory compliance.
- The candidate must have proven experience in leading and managing large teams of people with diverse backgrounds. The person must possess strong knowledge of the insurance industry and a proven track record in business growth.
- S/he should be grounded both morally and ethically, an excellent communicator, with strong leadership skills, high emotional intelligence and flexible and open minded.
For more details visit our website http://www.pwc.com/ke/en/services/advisory/executive-search. html/ and send your application to reach us by Friday, 19 October 2018.
Only online applications will be processed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.