Our client, a company dealing in Fire safety and security systems has an opening in the following position:
This role will be based in Mombasa with frequent travels to other parts of the country.
The responsibilities of this role entails the following:
- Oversee and supervise the work of in-house engineers and technicians on all projects and assignments undertaken by the company
- Manage the development, design and installation of fire fighting, safety and security systems
- Ensure that all work assignments are undertaken as per specifications, as per determined budgets, and within agreed timelines
- Ensure work undertaken is carried out in conformity with county or national laws, and any other applicable regulations
- Prepare regular, detailed project reports, site reports, and other required documentation
- Review all technical work and specifications, and provide advice
- Conduct work audits on all project sites to evaluate materials use, cost control, quality of work done, and general efficiency
- Monitor and analyse the progress of the speed of work and provide interventions as required
- Generate additional or further work assignments from existing works
- Ensure projects are signed off on completion and be responsible for the certificates
- Ensure that every completed work has been invoiced as per contract
- Review and advice on all technical reports prepared by the company including signing off the Bills of Quantities
- Develop and improve on existing procedures to enhance efficiency in the execution of projects, reduce wastage and perform to the highest standards and quality
- Engaging customers in a consultative manner in order to understand the technical and business challenges facing prospective and current customers.
- Designing and supporting solutions to customers utilizing the company products and services to drive, maintain and increase profitable revenue.
- Supporting Sales and Accounts teams with proposal generation for all company solutions. Including, but not limited to, pricing assistance, equipment design, documentation, and technical documentation necessary during the pre-sale and post signature “hand over” work/site to the company.
- Assisting in preparing, completing and presenting all technical designs and concepts f during the Project Management and Implementation phases.
- Creating and delivering focused technical trainings for the sales teams.
- Representing the company on customer appointments as a subject matter technical expert.
- Staying current with technology as it pertains to the industry.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- University degree in Engineering or a related field.
- 3+ years professional level working experience preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and proven track record.
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite skills and qualifications are asked to submit a cover letter along with a CV and references to: email@example.com before the deadline of 26 October, 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.