Job Vacancies: Clinical Officers
Summary: Collaborate with the study clinician performing visits and procedures in the Clinic.
Immediate Supervisor: Lead Clinician
- Diploma in clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with the Board and has valid certificate to practice.
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Kenya National Family planning guidelines is mandatory.
- Previous knowledge and experience with family planning tools and Job aids will be an added advantage.
- Immediate Supervisor: Study Clinician
- Supervisory Roles: Nurse counsellors
- Peers: Clinicians
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Will work with the Nurse Counsellors and the Pharmacist to provide Sexual and reproductive health services to couples enrolled
- Will Screen all clients for enrolment to the CCTN study. They will guide the patients through the informed consent procedure.
- Will counsel, take a history, perform a physical examination, genital examination and draw lab samples for all clients enrolled in the clinic.
- He or She will refer clients enrolled to the study clinician forspecialized care if needed.
- HIV/STI risk reduction testing andcounselling through CHTC.
- Conduct study visits to the clients in the program.
- Liaising with the clinic assistant and administrator to ensure all the specimens collected are recorded to the clinic log before delivery to laboratory.
- Providing the laboratory results to the clients on follow up.
- Perform daily Quality improvement procedures samples and CRFs for all clients seen in the clinic on a daily basis.
- Train and remain on all Study Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Study Specific Procedures SSPs
- Participate in weekly clinic Quality improvement meetings.
- Other duties advised by the study clinician.
Additional trainings required
- Good Clinical Practice(GCP)
- Human Subject Protection
- Attend the continuous training and the updates of the FP/SOP/SSP guidelines and trainings.
How to Apply
Applications must include the following:
- Completed online application form (AVAILABLE HERE)
- Complete CV with 2 referees indicating their telephone contacts and e-mail contacts
- Relevant certificates and testimonials
If qualified for the above post, please send your CV to the email: email@example.com