Hiring Experienced Teachers
Location: Nairobi (Ngong – Ndemi Road)
Teaching Background: Mathematics, Computer Science
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 3 years
Job Level: Full time
Recruiting: 1 teacher experienced in teaching Mathematics and/or Computer Science with skills to deliver lessons in a 21st century, personalized and creative manner.
Company Description: Tinker Education is involved in solutions for Kenya’s innovative education through Teacher Training, STEM curriculum, e-Learning Platform, Digital Book Platform, Digital Content Creation, and Pilot Project Implementation.
Our program teaches students computer science/ coding with the integration of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) education. We aim to demonstrate that the computer is a powerful tool for creativity and invention as we nurture children to be future innovators and idea makers.
- Candidates must hold a degree in one of the following three fields: Mathematics, Computer Science
- Must have at least 3 years of previous experience as a teacher. Teaching experience at international schools or abroad is preferred.
- Ability to learn new technologies as well as content quickly and proficiently
- Understanding and knowledge of STEM education, education technology and experience of e-Learning environments is not necessary but advantageous
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to work across boundaries
- MS Office experience and OA (office automation) skills
- Honesty is integral to our business practice! Must possess a high level of integrity
- Prepare lessons beforehand and correspond with management concerning the materials/devices/kits required
- Set up each class and guide students in their Tinker Education activities
- Draft, demo and execute a lesson with the aid of teaching resources and self-study
- Ensure that all lessons and student report deadlines (internal and external) are met
- Effectively communicate with the team (and clients) with respect to content delivery, progress reports and student participation
- Promote efficiency, consistency, and professionalism
Applications via Email only.
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attachments should be properly titled with candidates names.
Deadline: November 15th 2018
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we are unable to acknowledge every application.
Only successful candidates will be notified for interview.