Social Media Marketing Executive – Nairobi
Our client is a Tours and Travel company with over 10 years in operation.
They seek to recruit an experienced professional in the role of social media marketing.
Ideal candidates are preferably those that has experience working similar capacity in a busy tour company.
They must be very conversant with modern trends in social media marketing, working knowledge in marketing through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
They must also be conversant with email marketing and designing professional campaigns using bulk mailing platforms like MailChimp.
- Responsible for all company’s social media communication and campaigns
- Leading sales conversions arising from the online campaigns and preparing ROI reports
- Setting campaign strategies and goals
- Creating compelling and engaging visual and written content
- Managing the company’s online community
- Engaging with the company’s online community by listing to what they need and responding to their needs
- Creating leads for the company’s products by communicating about the products
- Measuring the results of various campaigns
- Guiding the company on online value creation, available cost effective (non-cost) online packages and resources that the company can profitably utilize.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following qualities:
- Creative and fast thinker – Develop creative posts that have the potential to go viral
- Engaging – Passion for online communication, keeping real time touch with the clients
- Outgoing and always available to actively interact with the company’s community both online and offline.
- Tech savvy and abreast with current trends, able to pick public conversations and topics of the day and generate engagement and traffic
- Able to use data to generate actionable strategies on communication, product development, building loyalty and creating interest.
- Be on top of new developments in social media consumption, generally and within specific consumer segments.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a Social Media Marketer preferably with a tour company
- Degree/Diploma in Communication, PR or equivalent desired but not absolutely necessary.
- Background in IT and being able to update website contents will be a definite plus
- Graphic design and video editing background with proven experience in creating marketing video clips, social media graphical and photo posts will be a definite advantage.
- Professional training on Social Media marketing will be a plus
- MUST be experienced in email marketing and especially developing and executing email marketing campaigns through such platforms as MailChimp.
Qualified candidates to send their applications to email@example.com so as to reach us not later than 15th October 2018.
Please quote “SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETER” on your email subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.