Trident Plumbers Limited is a Private Limited Company, established in the 1990 and incorporated in the year 2003. It is registered with the Ministry of Public Works and is a member of Kenya Association of Public and Civil Engineering Contractors (KABSEC).
Its business scope includes Plumbing , Sanitary ware Installation, Drainage, Firefighting System installation, Installation of Boilers, Sprinkler systems, ventilation systems, Air conditioning systems and Regular Service maintenance.
Job purpose summary: Responsible for ensuring that commercially focused information is provided to the management team to aid in timely and sound business decision making by maintaining financial and accounting services.
Financial interpretation and analysis
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with product management in determining financial impact due to product cost reductions, new product rollout etc. and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the company to all the company’s stakeholders including shareholders, analysts, creditors, employees and other members of management.
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Report to management on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances
- Design and lead the annual budgeting and forecasting activities for the company.
- Prepares departmental budgets and monitors departmental expenditures.
- Assist in the determination of project pricing in relation to features offered and competitor
- Investing the company’s money, taking into consideration risk and liquidity.
- Ensure compliance in all taxation processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the capital structure of the company, determining the best mix of debt, equity and internal financing
- Identify and report what areas of a company are most efficient and how the company can capitalize on this information
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger, petty cash and bank accounts
- Establish and maintain supplier accounts and process supplier invoices
- Maintain the purchase order systems and financial file record keeping
- Prepare cheques for all accounts due within the specified timelines.
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting system.
- Prepare profit & loss accounts, balance sheets, monthly financial statements, monthly reports and report on any variances.
- Maintain and reconcile the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all monies
- Prepare accurate journal summaries on a monthly basis
- Prepares the weekly debtors/creditors report to aid Management in decision – making.
- Organizes a recovery system and initiates and follows up on collection of all outstanding debt from suppliers.
- Calculate employee salaries, deductions and contributions and submit remittances of Tax returns, PAYE, NSSF, and NHIF on a timely basis.
- Prepare, review and file payroll summaries, journals and reports.
- Order office supplies and manage the filing, storage and security of financial documents.
- Maintain booking registers, issue payments for work permits and licenses within the specified timelines.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting
- ACCA / CPA(K) qualified with good accounting and costing skills & commercial acumen
- Experience of 5-7 years – hardcore experience in accounts department – with multitasking skills
- knowledge of – Tally, Sage / SAP Business and good knowledge of usage of MS Excel & Word
- Self-starter with initiative and good communication skills
- Able to grow to Accounts Controller level in next 2 to 3 years
- Knowledge of IFRS & Kenyan Taxation – VAT / WHT / Corporate Taxation
- Ability to work independently without any assistant
- Exposure to Budgeting process
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to email@example.com before 31st October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.