IT Support Officer
Trident Plumbers Limited is a Private Limited Company, established in the 1990 and incorporated in the year 2003. It is registered with the Ministry of Public Works and is a member of Kenya Association of Public and Civil Engineering Contractors (KABSEC).
Its business scope includes Plumbing , Sanitary ware Installation, Drainage, Firefighting System installation, Installation of Boilers, Sprinkler systems, ventilation systems, Air conditioning systems and Regular Service maintenance.
Purpose: To provide support and technical expertise on ICT related functions while ensuring optimal functioning of all applications, software, hardware and network in the company.
To liaise closely with the ICT users to ensure that all issues are resolved in time, perform all maintenance as per set schedule and standards giving timely reports as per set schedule to ensure timely, cost effective and relevant service delivery.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- User Service: monitor IT issues, attend to them and find solution by investigating user problems and needs, identify their source, and determine possible solutions.
- Update the ICT report, while escalating all unresolved tickets to the relevant authority on a daily basis
- Customer update: Update internal customer on resolution status, while giving periodic updates and expected closure period.
- Software support: installation, testing and support of approved software and applications. Update of system availability matrix on a daily basis.
- Hardware support: Deployment and support on all arising challenges with ICT equipment that include: desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, communication devices within the company.
- Network support: Troubleshoot and maintain the network / connectivity in the company. Update of network availability matrix on a daily basis.
- Anti-virus: install and continuously upgrade recommended anti-virus on all hardware in the region. Perform daily monitoring and update of the antivirus to clear all bugs while updating issue logs dairy.
- Network Printing: Install and maintain network printers in the company. Configure user accounts for network printer services.
- Asset Data Update: Update software and hardware asset register as and when required to ensure ICT asset information is up to date, while carrying out periodic asset census as per set schedule.
- Maintenance: Carry out maintenance of ICT equipment and software, as per set standards and drawn schedule, prepare pertaining reports and forward to IT Controller as per set timings.
- Training: Train all end users on use on installed applications and software as and when required.
- Documentation: Document problems and resolutions for future reference in relevant system or diaries. Record/document ICT inventories keeping this up to date. Prepare periodical reports as pertains to ICT.
- Any other duties: Perform any other duties as pertains to projects or as directed by superiors in recommended methodology, time, and specification while communicating outcomes to relevant authority.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in ICT related field.
- Certification/skills and working knowledge of Microsoft products.
- Education, experience through in-house training sessions, formal school or technical industry related curriculum, should be business industry related.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in Microsoft Operating system and Office suite.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in hardware and network functionalities
- A broad understanding of business operations, products and services;
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with internal customers across the business on support functions with confidence and authority.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions, interpret documents, and correspond and speak clearly to internal customers.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Team player
All qualified candidates are required to send CV to email@example.com before 31st October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.