Our client is a leading software and business solutions provider with a footprint in the software, information security and payment systems landscape in the whole of East Africa.
They are looking for three (3) Application Development and Integration Professionals (Web Developers) to join their dynamic team.
Job Summary: The Application Development and Integration role is responsible for building and implementing functional programs in collaboration with other technical members throughout the application development life cycle. This role requires a team player with a keen eye for detail and problem-solving skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new applications;
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired application;
- Work with other technical team members to design algorithms and flowcharts;
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications;
- Integrate software components and third-party programs;
- Verify and deploy programs and systems;
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software;
- Gather and address technical and design requirements;
- Provide training and support to internal teams;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting;
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support);
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean code;
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions;
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance;
- Design interfaces to improve user experience;
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features;
- Ensure new and legacy applications meet quality standards;
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols;
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends;
- Build Proof-of-Concepts (POC’s), internal tools and production systems that strike the appropriate balance of time/cost/security/performance/scale/maintainability;
- Service the Support and QA teams as a Subject Matter Expert whenever required
- B.Sc in Computer science or its equivalent;
- At least three (3) years’ of relevant experience in a busy organization;
- Good knowledge of spring boot, and angular frameworks;
- Good knowledge of software version control tools like GIT;
- Good knowledge of systems security;
- Experience working with Android SDK;
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON;
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies;
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, KDB/OneTick, MySQL;
- Certified application developer is a plus;
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (Hibernate);
- Demonstrable DevOps experience including the use of various DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, Ganglia, Logstash, etc.);
- Demonstrable Agile experience (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban).Familiar with SSL and SSH concepts;
- Experience with networking is required; DNS, DHCP, IPV6, NTP, or SYSLOG would be a plus;
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages.
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move, please forward your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application.
DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES AND TESTIMONIALS.
Closing date for applications is 25th October 2018.